twenty three

minhyuk lead wonwoo to the elevator again, pressing the last button, opening the doors to the lowest floor.

there was a long hallway, doors left and right, all painted a clean white, reflecting a yellow hue from the small chandeliers hanging from above in the middle. the floor was filled with a crimson carpet this time.

minhyuk opened the door furthest down the hallway with a keycard, revealing an enormous bedroom. a king sized bed, various pillows decorating the head, matching the cream coloured walls. the duvet was soft to the touch, making you want to sink into it forever.

wonwoo sat down on the edge of the bed, stroking the fluffy blankets that were laid out, feeling as if he was touching a cloud.

minhyuk on the other side of the room by the table, took out a champagne bottle and poured the liquid into two glasses. he took the glasses and walked over to where wonwoo was sat and held one of them out to wonwoo.

immediately, wonwoo slapped the glass away from him, out of minhyuk's hand. the glass fell to the floor, shattering into microscopic pieces.

"why'd you do that for? all i was being is a good host." minhyuk said, taking a long drink out of his own glass.

"i don't know what type of shit you might've put in there. i have good reason not to trust you." wonwoo glared minhyuk, who had already finished the whole glass, standing up and grabbing the bottle to pour some more.

wonwoo continued to look around the room as minhyuk drank down the whole champagne bottle. "what is this place?" wonwoo asked.

"it's my underground establishment." minhyuk coughed up a small hiccup, "we're specifically on the lowest floor: the private rooms"

"what do you mean 'my establishment'?"

"La Rose Noir is a nightclub. at least that's what most people think. there are six floors to this club: the nightclub, the bar, the strip, the dungeon, the haze and the private rooms." minhyuk walked to the table again, taking a different bottle and opening the top, making a loud pop.

"the strip? you mean a strip club?" minhyuk nodded in response. "aren't strip clubs illegal?"

"yes, they are." minhyuk answered, giving him a look that says and so what if it's illegal?

"so this place doesn't operate legally?" wonwoo asked for clarification.

"it does... well, at least the first floor does. the nightclub is just a facade. La Rose Noir is the biggest underground club in south korea. no one would dare do anything against it, because they get the best pleasure here, it's one of a kind. the escorts, we call them thorns, are paid highly and the customers get the pleasure they crave for."

"you mentioned something about the dungeon. what happens on that floor?" wonwoo asked, actually curious about what minhyuk has done with this 'business' has pulled together over the years.

it actually surprised wonwoo a lot. although minhyuk is still a douche and has done a lot of fucked up things in the past, it amazed wonwoo that minhyuk was able to create a business, being so young and only a few years older than him.

seeing him after all this time made wonwoo realise that if minhyuk tried to be a decent person, wonwoo would still be in love with him until this day. maybe if minhyuk had actually tried to be a good boyfriend and not be all manipulative, wonwoo wouldn't have to be in this situation and might be having a future together with minhyuk.

what am i thinking? minhyuk still manipulated him, used him, broke him. why was wonwoo even thinking of what minhyuk could be? even if he did try to change minhyuk now, it won't change what he did in the past, no matter how much minhyuk was willing to change and make up for his actions.

for some reason, despite everything minhyuk has done to wonwoo: he still had hope of trying to change him. he still had hope that maybe, deep inside that broken soul, underneath the cruel image that minhyuk made for himself, there was kind heart.

a heart that is beautiful and is willing to love.