forty nine

time skip — after both groups' trips

princebitch: wonwoooooo

princebitch: arreeee you uppppp ??????

princebitch: JEON WONWOO

princebitch: wAKE UP

kittenbitch: WHAT DO YOU WANT

princebitch: hoon invited us to his performance tonight, it's at seven

kittenbitch: we have 12 hours

kittenbitch: why did you wake me up so early

princebitch: because i wanted to :3333

kittenbitch: fuck off

time skip - later that evening

lee jihoon nervously looked around the backstage of his college's stadium, tapping his fingertips on his knees with the microphone in his hand. he took deep breaths, nervous thoughts going through his head.

it was finally it, the time that he had been preparing for. he had been working on this song for a few months, rarely seeing his friends unless they wanted to go out, and it was as if he lived in his producing room. this song meant so much to jihoon, all of his feeling and thoughts he had been thinking these past few months, ever since soonyoung left.

there were lot's of people to impress at this performance, people from companies that could help him achieve his dreams, people who could help open more music production opportunities for him. the song was much more different than the other songs he had produced before. he just hoped it was enough.

"jihoon, get ready. you'll be on in five minutes," the assistant said.

"okay, thank you!" jihoon said. he stood up and moved near the stage entrance. he could see the silhouettes of people in the audience cheering and waiting for jihoon to come on. he also saw his friends in the front row, remembering junhui invited minghao and his friends too, along with the rest of the group; the only person he knew wouldn't be there was, well, soonyoung. the one person he wanted to show the song to.

the announcer came on from the other side of the stage, a cheery tone upon her voice as she announced, "ladies and gentlemen, please clap you hands for lee jihoon!"

"break a leg, jihoon!" the assistant whispered from behind him, the light dimmed until it completely blacked out. jihoon finally stepped on the stage.

as if nothing happened

the spotlight appeared on jihoon, illuminating him with the dark abyss all around him. wonwoo stared up in awe as jihoon performed, singing the song that he knew jihoon put his heart and soul into.

i told myself that this is all a dream

and wonwoo was right, the song was absolutely beautiful. jihoon hit each note with his soothing voice, so much passion and love being shown from the way he sang, and made wonwoo envy jihoon.

when i close my eyes and open them again

wonwoo envied jihoon because he was so much stronger than him. the past few months had been much harder on jihoon but he still managed to push through it all; he was strong and could fight through any pain that he was put through. and wonwoo couldn't imagine how jihoon was feeling. losing soonyoung. losing the love of his life.