twenty one

FRIDAY AFTERNOON

friday quickly came around, wonwoo only had a few hours until his plan would go into action.

he was extremely nervous that something in his plan would go wrong. just the slightest mistake were to occur and it would lead to certain failure, and minhyuk would win this sick game of theirs.

it was all about timing; everything had to happen in order of events. everything needed to happen at right place, and at the right time.

but what if something did go wrong? what if minhyuk was able to succeed? wonwoo knew he would want something more than just the money, he would want something that would scar wonwoo for life (again).

he didn't dawn on the thought too much and went back to concentrating on writing in his notebook. he doodled a few times at the boring parts of the teacher's lecture on shakespeare, not wanting to hear her ramble on about random nonsense.

30 minutes later class ended, indicating it was lunchtime, only having two classes left before the end of the day. all the students left their classrooms, filling up the hallways leading to the cafeteria. wonwoo was the last to leave his classroom, not wanting to be squished in the crowded halls, almost as if the walls were caving in on him. he waited until the halls died down before entering the cafeteria.

wonwoo grabbed his tray of food, making his way to a table by the corner, joining the rest of his friends who were already seated and talking about random subjects. his friend group surprisingly grew to a large amount, becoming more open and more talkative to people he was comfortable with.

he sat down between soonyoung and seokmin, being the only seat available. "hey woo." soonyoung greeted, taking a huge bite out of the wrap in his hand, stuffing his mouth. minghao on the other side of him whacked the back of soonyoung's head.

"don't talk with your mouth open, you pig." minghao insulted, earning a few 'ooo's from the other sat around the table.

"who are you calling a pig, you overgrown toad." soonyoung insulted back. soonyoung then felt a slight pain from a slap given by junhui.

"don't insult my boyfriend like that, that's my job!"

"i can't tell if you're being sweet or an idiot." minghao said looking at his boyfriend with a straight face.

"maybe both." junhui shrugged and held a strawberry in front of minghao's mouth. "open." minghao was hestitant but gave in to the adorable puppy eyes junhui made in front of him, and opened his mouth for junhui to feed him.

"if you're going to act all lovey dovey, do it somewhere my food isn't." jihoon stated, giving a disgusted look at the couple who were still flirting with each other.

"don't act like you don't want to do the same with me." soonyoung cupped jihoon's face, then squishing his cheeks which earned a hard punch in the stomach from his boyfriend. "why does everyone keep hitting me?!" he yelled, a few other students stared at the sudden outbreak from soonyoung.

"maybe because you're that punch able." mingyu said, sipping on his chocolate milk carton. a few heads nodded, agreeing with mingyu.

"oh hush you beanpole." soonyoung said, rubbing on the painful area where jihoon punched.

"you're one to talk you deformed hamster." mingyu argued, causing a whole fight between him and soonyoung. most were expecting (and hoping) for there to be a physical fist fight, but no, it was just a slap fight and calling each other childish names.

"guys! you have to stop fighting all the time." seungcheol said, "but i'm sorry soonyoung, you do kinda look like a deformed hamster."

"you're meant to be the dad of this god damn group! don't make fun of me too. that's something jeonghan hyung would do."

"what's something i would do?" a voice said. they turned around to see jeonghan standing there, his blonde locks falling over his eyes a bit.

all except soonyoung in unison said, "soonyoung said that all you do is make fun of him and the rest of the group!"

soonyoung was expecting something to happen, closing his eyes tightly until jeonghan did something. but nothing happened. instead, jeonghan was just smiling at soonyoung, it was almost scary.

"aren't you... going to hit me?" soonyoung asked, opening one eye to look at his hyung.

"no, but just know that i will ruin you soonyoung. just you wait." jeonghan said sweetly before skipping over to seungcheol and sitting on his lap, teasing him a little and flirting with him.

soonyoung sat back down where his food laid untouched, finishing the rest of his wrap. all i wanted to do was eat my wrap...

the school day ended, wonwoo and the others stayed afterschool for a few hours, hanging out in one of the dance rooms.

wonwoo was about to leave the school gates when he heard a familiar voice call out his name. he turned around to see mingyu running up behind him. "hey hyung, you wanna walk home?" mingyu smiled.

not today. not now. "uh... sorry gyu, but i have something i uh... need to sort out." he stuttered a lot in between his words.

"oh, okay. what're you going to do? can i help at all?" mingyu asked politely.

"no!" wonwoo quickly answered, earning a confused look from mingyu. "i mean erm no. it's nothing important, really. i just have some business dealing with... an old friend."

mingyu was about to question wonwoo again but nodded instead. he's up to something... mingyu trusted wonwoo, of course. but something about wonwoo's answer made him feel uneasy. made him feel that wonwoo was about to do something dangerous.

and indeed he was.

wonwoo looked at the time on his phone, it was already 6:49pm, he needed to be there at 7. he tucked his phone away and turned to mingyu. "look, gyu. i have to go. i'll just see you on monday." wonwoo walked away, leaving mingyu at the front gates.

mingyu knows he shouldn't, it wasn't any of his business. but he just had a feeling. a feeling that something bad is going to happen. maybe i should follow him.