forty one

i know this is meant to be more focused on meanie as it is a meanie book, i just wanted to include some other ship drama too because yknow, why not?

plus there will be plenty more meanie drama later in the story, not sure how long this book will be but we'll see!

———————————————

a little bit later that morning, jihoon woke up from his slumber, stretching his arms out to the sun hitting his face from the already open curtains. brushing out the morning dust from the corner of his eyes, only realising the empty space next to him where soonyoung was last night.

jihoon assumed that soonyoung already went home to go check on his sister so he picked up his phone from the bedside table, opening it and tapping on the message app.

soonyoung 💗

hey soonyoung
i noticed you already left
did you go to check on your sister at home?

i'm sorry, jihoon
but this for the best

[YOU CAN NO LONGER SEND MESSAGES TO THIS NUMBER]

he blocked me? why would he do that? jihoon thought when he noticed a folded piece of paper where his phone was before he picked it up. taking the paper from the table, he unfolded it from where there was a heart shaped sticker stuck on.

jihoon could tell it was soonyoung's writing in the letter. but still, why did soonyoung write a letter in the first place. he did notice that soonyoung had been distant from him and the rest of the group the whole week, which he found strange because that's nothing like the soonyoung he knew.

as he read the letter, his eyes already started to fill up with tears.

hey love, this is soonyoung.

if you're reading this, then i guess i've already left. all i can say is: i'm sorry, jihoon. i'm sorry that i had to leave, but it's for the best. i'm not sure if i'll tell you now but maybe at some point in the future.

i'm sorry that we can't stay together forever as we originally planned, but i can promise you this, we will meet again at some point.

when will that time happen, soonyoung?

i'm sorry that i'll be breaking your heart with this letter, but mine was breaking too. because i'm parting ways with the love of my life. yes, we are young, and we still have a long way to go for me to call you the love of my life. but i can't imagine my life without you, jihoon. i love you with all my heart, i can't imagine being able to love somebody else.

then why did you have to leave?

i don't know how long i'll be gone, i don't know how long it will take: but i will always find my way back to you, love. and when that day comes, i hope you can forgive me for leaving you.

i don't know if i can, soonyoung.

don't be sad because of me. don't cry because of me. i don't want you to be sad with me being the cause of it. i want you to be happy and free from my problems that shouldn't involve you. so please, don't cry jihoon. i'm not someone who is worthy of those tears because you deserve the world.

i would cry an ocean, just to have you here again, soonyoung.

take care of yourself, love. everyday i will think of you. everyday i will miss you. and everyday i will love you, no matter how far apart we are.