bonus: soonhoon

jihoon sat in the cafe, editing a new song, the downpour falling hard outside, almost sounding like hail. he picked up his coffee cup, sipping from the small slit, his eyes not leaving his laptop screen.

his eyes started to slowly close, giving into his infinite fatigue from not getting enough sleep the past few days. before his eyes fully closed, he shook his head to try and wake himself up, rubbing his eyes. i really should start getting some sleep, my sleep schedule is so messed up. the doctor said my health will get worse if i continue to have more sleepless nights.

these past few nights jihoon hasn't been able to sleep, images and nightmares haunting his lonely slumber. frequently fainting whenever he's working in his studio, due to the lack of sleep.truth is, he can never sleep anymore. it has already been a year since soonyoung left him all of sudden, jihoon with unanswered questions. he never found out why, he may never will.

he took a break from his laptop and pulled out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans. scrolling through his twitter feed, he came across a tweet that was posted worldwide for everyone to see.

BREAKING NEWS:

THE NEW GOLDEN STAR OF JAPAN

Hoshi Kitano as the new CEO of Kitano Corporation

Hoshi Kitano as the new CEO of Kitano Corporation. Click to see more information.

he stared at the picture of the man he loved, a tear threatening to fall from his eye but wiped it away before it could. he shoved his phone back into his pocket and opened up his laptop again, trying to distract himself from the thoughts in his head.

hours in the café passed and jihoon couldn't concentrate on finishing anything. his mind couldn't think of anything except soonyoung. he honestly felt so pathetic. thinking of the man who left him without saying a word, thinking that he might come back for him, come back to rekindle their relationship. he still had hope. hope that soonyoung still loves him.

the note that soonyoung had left by his table that morning, he's kept it ever since. he read it everyday, reminding him of the beautiful memories the two had together. not just as lovers, but as friends too. jihoon was very anti-social before, maybe not as bad as wonwoo, but still kept to himself most of the time. when he saw soonyoung and his little sister, innocently wandering the streets looking like children searching for their parents, everything changed.

who knew that simple meeting could grow into something so euphoric yet so heart breaking at the same time.

it had been a long year, a year of wishing for soonyoung to come back, to explain why he left, to explain why he had to break jihoon's heart. as much as jihoon wanted to hate soonyoung for leaving him, he just couldn't. he couldn't bring himself to hate soonyoung. he loved him too much to even dislike him. that's something he didn't understand about himself anymore.

just thinking about soonyoung almost made him break down into tears, but he quickly maintained his composure to not create a scene in front of many people that populated the café. shaking the depressing thoughts out of his head, he continued editing and adding to his song.