Chapter 45

With the meeting dismissed, everyone started leaving the hollow. No doubt many were heading home to eat dinner before preparing to confront Rex the Ruthless and his Alley Cats. Mumford and Striker would be getting ready to make sure that Sleet was safe while Maggie had to stay with Dodger due to her sickly state. Stepping outside, Tiberius squinted his eyes because the sun shone in his light brown eyes. Unable to see where he was going, he ended up bumping into someone. "Sorry there..." the hawk murmured, his voice cracking when he saw that he had ran into one of the biggest bald eagles he had ever seen. Only Eddie and the Eagle Twins were larger than this one. He had a kind face though as he spoke softly, "No harm done."

"Mercury, there you are," Sleet's voice piped up from behind Tiberius's back. The red tailed hawk turned to find the ancient bald eagle approaching the one he had bumped into. The pair nuzzled each other lovingly. A purr rumbled in Sleet's throat as she asked quietly, "How are we today my son?" Tiberius's eyes widened. He had no idea that the council leader even had a son. Meanwhile, Mercury smiled and replied, "I'm alright Mother, really. I just came to check on you."

"I'm doing fine. We just finished a very important meeting," Sleet answered. Seeing that Tiberius was there, she brought her son closer and began the introductions, "Tiberius, this here is my son Mercury." Bowing his head to the bald eagle, the red tailed hawk stated quietly, "It's a pleasure to meet you. It truly is." Both eagles smiled before Sleet continued, "Mercury, this is Tiberius, descendant of Horus the Wise." Now it was Mercury's turn to have the surprised look in his yellow eyes, which almost grew to be the size of saucers. The bald eagle swifly bowed to the hawk, who noticed it was much lower than what he had done. "It is an honor," Mercury spoke softly.

"Hey brother, time to head home!" Rosa's voice called nearby. Tiberius turned to find his little sister waiting for him in a young red maple tree. Saying his goodbyes to Sleet and her son Mercury, the hawk flew over to her and they headed home together. Flying beside her, Tiberius glanced over at his sister. There was a soft smile on her face and she seemed to be staring off into the distance. It appeared that she was daydreaming about something. Clearing his throat, he decided to find out as he commented, "You seem to be in a good mood after collecting herbs all day with Dodger and Juno."

"Yeah..." Rosa replied.

"Really? Cuz according to what Oscar told me earlier, Dodger and Juno haven't seen you at all."

"What? I was with them!"

"You want me to go back and ask them right now?"

"NO!"

"Geez, calm down-"

"You calm down! Stop asking me questions!"

"Just checking on you because you say that you'll be doing something but then I find out you're not."

"Mind your own business!"

"Hey, maybe tone it down a lit-"

"Get off my case!" Rosa hissed angrily. She forced herself to fly faster. Watching his little sister quietly, Tiberius could not put his talon on what her problem was. Sighing heavily, he muttered under his breath, "What am I gonna do with her?"