Chapter 128

Pain. That's all there was. Just a whole lot of pain. Crashing down on the ground, Tiberius gasped for air. His nerves felt like they were on fire. Struggling to breathe, he slowly looked down at his chest. There was a snake bite right over where his heart would be. The green snake towered above him, its fangs red with his blood. It was about to strike again when Chloe grabbed it by the tail and flung it as far as she could. The reptile wasn't gonna bother them again but the damage had already been done.

Laying on his side, Tiberius couldn't breathe. He also couldn't feel anything. First his feet and tail went numb, then his back and stomach. His wings were next on the list. Gasping for air, the old hawk looked around. Chloe was standing next to him, trying to speak with him. However, he couldn't hear a word she was saying. The tabby cat was keeping Norman away from the scene with her tail. She stopped talking and just sat down when she realized that it was no use. It was too late.

Tiberius was dying.

Blinking his eyes slowly, Tiberius glanced over at Gidget. She had just taken out another crocodile with a traffic cone. Down on the ground below, Max was watching her with wonder in his eyes. The hawk smiled softly at that. It looked like the Pomeranian was doing okay. He felt happy for her. He just wished that he could've spent more time with his new friends. His head filled up with memories. His eyes watered with tears as he thought of all the good and bad times. I guess it's time... the hawk thought quietly. Letting out a soft sigh, he closed his light brown eyes just as his heart stopped beating.

Just like that, he was gone.