Chapter 77

"Maybe I shouldn't have eaten that rat..." Tiberius grumbled quietly, laying on his back. One year had passed since the bones of the pigeon trio had littered the floor of his shed. Since then, hundreds of bones had been added. There were birds and small rodents alike. Having had used his cunningness and power over words, the hawk was able to lure any helpless creature into his home. Few made it out alive. Even fewer escaped with body parts still intact.

Sensing that night had fallen upon the city, Tiberius sighed heavily. Yawning afterwards, he rolled over onto his side and got as comfortable as he could among the bones he had. Though it didn't seem like a comfy place to sleep, the hawk somehow made it work. Curled up into a tight ball, the red tail breathed slowly and quietly. Tucking his head towards his chest, he was beginning to drift off towards his dream world of horrors when he heard someone come up onto the rooftop. Sighing heavily, he didn't have time to react when whoever it was burst into the shed and tackled him. Jumping out of his skin, Tiberius hissed angrily and was about to strike when he heard a familiar voice, "So how fast did you say you were compared to Flash again?"

"Oscar?" Tiberius questioned. Sniffing the air, he smiled quietly when he recognized the scent of his old friend. Snickering to himself, the great horned owl pulled off the red tailed hawk's hood. Grabbing his pal, Oscar playfully ruffled the feathers on his head as he asked, "How you been pal?" Freeing himself from the owl's grasp, Tiberius faced his friend and replied, "I've been doing fine. I was actually about to go to sleep when you barged in here without permission!"

"Sorry bout that."

"You're forgiven. How's everyone else doing?"

Sighing heavily, Oscar turned his gaze towards the floor as he mumbled, "Not too good."

"What do you mean?"

"You've become a fancy decorator."

"You're changing the topic."

"No I'm-"

"Just answer the question."

"The Council is asking for you to-"

"To come rejoin them and leave this place? No thank you," Tiberius guessed what Oscar was saying. He turned away from the owl as his friend started begging, "Please, you have to come. We're not asking you to stay with us or anything."

"Right and I'm a blind hedgehog."

"Tiberius, Sleet was asking for you."

"She knows that I won't move. This is my home."

"Wow, she told me you would say that when she sent me to fetch you."

"Why did she send you and not come here herself?"

"Tiberius... Sleet has Raju Fevrish."

His heart dropping when he heard those words, Tiberius turned around. Based on the look on Oscar's face, he knew that his friend was telling the truth. Padding up to the great horned owl, he asked, "How long does she have?" Shaking a little, Oscar wouldn't look Tiberius in the eye as he mumbled truthfully, "Dodger says she has at least a week, at most maybe a week and a half. But she's growing very weak and we can't find the Healing Feathers anywhere." Backing away from the owl, the red tailed hawk began to pace back and forth. His mind was cluttered with too many thoughts. Sighing, he closed his eyes briefly before turning his head towards Oscar.

"Take me to her."