Chapter 130

Jolting awake, Tiberius scrambled to his feet. Frantically looking around at his surroundings, he found himself in a white forest. Everything was white or a very light shade of gray. A low mist clung close to the ground, making the hawk feel like he was floating on air. Glancing down at his chest and shoulder, the red tail found the snake bites gone. Breathing hard, he heard someone behind him. Turning around slowly, he mumbled, "Eddie?"

"Surprised to see me old friend?" Eddie asked, grinning. The bald eagle picked up Tiberius and gave him a bear hug. Freeing himself from it, the hawk was jumped on from behind by Pietro and Oscar. "Tibewius! Wemembew us?!" Pietro cried, rubbing his bare head against the hawk's face happily. Snickering, the red tail patted the turkey vulture on the back as he murmured, "Yeah, I remember you."

"Guys, come on. Let him breathe," Juno pointed out as she, Flash, Dodger and Maggie stepped forward from the mist. Mumford flew overhead before landing on the ground. In the center of the circle they had formed, Tiberius looked around at all of the faces he was familiar with. He was shocked and saddened to see Pierre, Calvin and his mate Hazel there. It was a relief for him though when he saw that Panama wasn't there. That meant she was still alive. That also meant...

"Am I dead?" Tiberius questioned, turning around to face Eddie. The large bald eagle solemnly nodded his head. Thinking for a moment, he added, "Actually, yes and no." Tipping his head back to look up at the much bigger bird of prey, Flash grumbled, "You suck at explaining things."

"To answer your question Tiberius, yes you are dead. But only partially. Remember what happened six years ago?" Dodger chimed in. Tiberius huffed as he recalled that. Turning his head away, he growled, "Great, I knew that was gonna haunt me." Stepping forward and gently butting heads with his old friend, Eddie pointed out, "This was only your first life. You must use the remaining four wisely."

"You told me that six years ago when you guys first gave me them," Tiberius muttered.

"And you listened to our advice really well," Oscar piped up, bowing his head to Tiberius. It was at that moment that the red tailed hawk noticed that everyone was bowing to him. "Guys, please don't do that. I'm not a chieftain and I'm not the leader of any of the Councils," he murmured, feeling uncomfortable. He looked around once more, hoping to see a familiar face that he desperately wanted to see. However, he couldn't find who he was looking for. He hung his head in silence.

"Sleet's not here, if that's what you're wondering," Eddie spoke softly. The others were quietly leaving the area, letting the two be alone for a bit. Gazing up at the bald eagle, Tiberius asked, "Then where is she? I want to see her." Bumping their foreheads together, Eddie replied reassuringly, "You'll see her soon, though not in the way you'd expect."

"What do you mean-" Tiberius started to ask. He stopped though when he saw his wing fading out. Confused, he looked up at Eddie for an explanation. The bald eagle stepped back as he murmured, "Your body has healed. You'll be returning to the world of the living very shortly old friend. Take care." A gentle wind blew through the white trees, ruffling up the hawk's feathers playfully. Taking one last glance at the afterlife, Tiberius sighed and closed his eyes seconds before he faded away.

Watching quietly, Eddie suddenly facewinged himself and snarled, "Crap! I forgot to warn him about Striker!"