Chapter 26: A new member

Felipe's POV:

Me and my wife were supposed to have a lunch date that day and she should be there any minute, so i did my best to leave everything ready before I go. Ever since I've gotten into this new company I had worked none stop to get organized, but my work was paying off. My boss always talked about me with great respect and some of my ideas had made the border to think it was about time to put me in a higher place with a higher money. It did make me proud to know maybe I'd soon get to the point where I left off in my previous job. I just had to keep making my best.

I was working on a couple documents when her angelic voice invaded the entire floor, greeting the people she ran into before entering into my office.

"Hi honey. You ready?" she said before planting a light kiss on my lips.

"Almost ready" I smiled warmly at her before admiring every detail of her outfit. "You look amazing darling"

"So does your new office. I bet you're way more comfortable here" she said taking a look of the big spaced office I had lousy decorated myself.

"It's better than nothing" I said bringing my eyes back to the computer's screen while my wife examined the details of the room.

"Oh come on. It just needs a coat of paint, and a touch of good taste" she smirked softly at me before laughing a bit. She knew just how bad I was with decorating. Really not my thing.

"I'll let you handle that" I smiled at her knowing it'd make her happy to have yet another room to display her creativity. She had ran out of those in our house the second we moved in.

We walked down the streets to a lovely restaurant I just found the other day. It was just a couple blocks from my building and it was lovely. It had a light italian looking like place. Simply perfect.

"Anyways I don't think I'll need that office that much longer" I let out without looking at my wife across the table but smiling on the inside.

"You're getting promoted already?" she said without being able to hold her excitement in. There was something about that chirpy squirrel attitude that made me fall in love with her even more.

"Soon enough they've promised. And so far they've delivered. Honestly there's some really good people working in there. I think I see a big future for this small company" I said while taking a look of the menu, wondering for a minute what was I craving for.

"Oh love I'm so happy for you! These are such great news!" she said reaching to grab my hand in hers. Somehow they fit in perfectly.

"Yes indeed. So tell me hun, you know what you want to order already?" I said thinking she probably would order spaghetti like everytime we go to an italian restaurant.

"Um... yes. I think I want some raspberry pancakes with lots of maple sauce and whipped cream" she said and for a second I thought I heard her wrong. That sounded gross at this time of the day.

"Honey that's the breakfast part of the... oh" I started saying but soon enough I cut myself realizing what was going on.

When Anna found out she was pregnant with the twins she just had a craving of eating breakfast for lunch, and according to her so it had been when she was pregnant with Sam. Otherwise my wife isn't really even so much of a sweet tooth.

"Is this ok?" she asked before I went silent a couple seconds. I blinked to break the trance before bringing my eyes on her.

"Honey of course it is. These are excellent news" I said reaching over the table to kiss her forehead fondly. Anything that comes from her was good. Her smell, her voice...