Chapter 4

'Let him go.' He warned and as Seungcheol hoped, the distracted man turned towards him, now fully giving his undivided attention.

'The fuck you want huh?!' Bobby threatened, still giving off his strong pheromones. He could feel his friend Taeyong doing the same, not appreciating his interference in their power feud however right now, the man was not his concern. Bobby was the biggest problem. He wasn't planning on fighting over the omega's approval, he just wanted Bobby to let the omega go so he could feel at ease and go get his beer in peace.

'He's hurt.'

'What? You're not his alpha. Mind your fucking business.' the irritated alpha growled. With no reaction from Seungcheol and his rival, the male smirked as he looked pass Seungcheol towards the omega. He obviously thought he succeeded in demonstrating his strength and superiority amongst the three alphas. Maybe he did, maybe the omega enjoyed the performance. He wouldn't know since the other gender are very complicated.

To confirm his suspicion, he glanced towards the weaker male and studied his expression briefly. Pretty omega was indeed, not enjoying the harsh treatment. In fact the man looked very angry. He had his free hand settled on a punch bowl, gripping it tightly seemingly to hold the pain. That was when he realized Bobby was still squeezing him tight.

'He's not yours either. Let him go.' He warned again, now more serious than before. He could sense things were getting dangerous as Bobby started to pull the omega close but before he could, Seungcheol twisted the latter's hand, causing him to scream in pain before releasing his grip. He heard the man behind him inhaled deeply from relief but decided not to look. As long as he was free, Seungcheol felt his job was done. Now he needed to focus on Bobby who was cursing at him, trying to punch his face. He didn't have a good reflex so he knew he would get hit. Still, he lifted his hand in hope he would somehow be able to block the punch, moving his face slightly, as much as he could before the impact.

Seungcheol closed his eyes.

...the hit never came. Taeyong, now broken from his trance stopped Bobby's attack just in time, much to his appreciation.

'Stop or I'm reporting you for harassment.' Taeyong hissed, which, to both male's surprise, calmed Bobby down, although still aggravated. Releasing his hold on the angry alpha, Seungcheol kept their eyes locked. He was not backing down, and now with Taeyong backing him, Bobby was definitely in the losing team.

'Fucking losers.' Aware of his situation, the alpha finally decided to give up and leave the two friends, stomping his legs as he made his way through the crowd. The people around them kept silent, still in awe, but with the music now louder than before as the party started to reach its peak, the awkward atmosphere was fixed in no time.

'Coups, you're quite a man aren't ya?' His friend hit his upper arm lightly and Seungcheol finally let his guard down. He didn't notice how tensed he was until he felt his muscles relaxed. 'Fucker... things were going so well with Jeonghan...'

Jeonghan...? The omega?

...Shit, the omega!

Seungcheol swiftly turned his body around as he finally remembered to check on the omega. He didn't actually think it through but it was weird that Bobby left them alone without a fight. He might have another plan for the omega which was why he was eager to leave. Everything would be in vain if the man stumbled upon Bobby again, he was worried something worse was going to happen. Regrettably for him, the omega was already no longer in sight. He had no idea where the man could be either.

Seungcheol could only wish the man safely made his way back to his room, or be hidden somewhere far from Bobby.

'Shit Coups, didn't know you're that strong...' Taeyong finally broke his concern. Smiling at his friend who was now back to his normal self, Seungcheol shook his head humbly. He has strength, but that was the only thing he could do. He didn't have the agility to fight unlike Bobby so had they been in a brawl, he would be defeated on the floor in no time. Which was why he chose to stand his ground, ending the aggression without violence once he set his mind into it. It usually work with alphas as pheromone duels would suffice but for betas, it would annoy them. Which, was the reason he decided to build his muscles - to look intimidating.