Chapter 16

Jeonghan tapped his legs before making fists and biting his lips as he waited for the alpha to send him a message signifying his arrival. He was already regretting his decision but he knew it was too late to pull away right now. Honestly, he was not sure why he agreed to join the man's family vacation in the first place. For one, fishing never appeals to him, and two, out of all the places, surely the man could do better than a fisherman's village. Not to mention, he would be a total stranger towards the alpha's family. It would be so awkward.

Being around families are awkward. He would never fit in. He would be an unwanted presence. They would mind him too much and start to despise him. He would only ruin the trip.

He should cancel it.

Domestic life is never going to be his thing. He would definitely hate the next few days.

Why the hell was he so stupid? What was he thinking? What the fuck was wrong with him?

*****

'An omega?' Seungcheol rolled his eyes at the question. He could guess what would be said next, 'You said he's a friend.'

'Eomma, Jeonghan's just a friend.' He answered, his hand on the door handle, ready to get out of the car. He would, he wanted to, anything to escape his mother's nagging but he knew he would have to sit this one through. Because the moment Jeonghan sits inside the car and they move to their destination, whatever left unsaid would very much affect the whole trip. Turning his head towards his older brother who could only offer him a smile, he sighed.

'But an omeg-'

'A guy.' He insisted and turned to his mother, smiling at her to ease her worry. He knew he should have told her the fact that his friend whom he invited to join their family trip is an omega, but since they were nothing more than friends, he thought it shouldn't matter. Well, he hoped it doesn't matter. Obviously it does. 'I don't like men.'

The look on his mother told him that she wanted to say something but it seemed that she held her tongue. It had come to this, and there was no other choice but to go through with it unless she wanted her son to tell his friend not to come. No matter how much she disagrees with this, that was too much to ask. Seungcheol was not fond of this situation either. Albeit knowing he was in the wrong, he really wanted to spend the week with his close friend. The trip might be fun when they were younger, but now it had gotten to a point where they only try to have fun out of respect for the family tradition. At least, for Jeonghan, this would be a whole new experience, and based on his time spent entertaining the man's other firsts, it would be fun to just be with him when he experience it. To answer his stupid questions and comply with his weird requests...

...but, at the same time, he does understand the concern. His whole family was finally relieved that he had broken up with his ex-lover whom they never liked. They probably thought he was using Jeonghan as a rebound.

Except, they could never be more wrong.

*****

The notification sound from his phone alerted Jeonghan who then closed his eyes and took deep breaths. Rubbing his face a few times, he pulled open his bedside drawer. If he take the pill now, he would be able to calm himself in about an hour or so.