Chapter 11

The moment Miu barked at us to leave, I dashed to my room, wanting to not smell like dog.

"I can't believe I fell asleep in Miu's lab. I don't even remember when that happened." I thought aloud as I hopped in the shower. I took the time to get clean, get dressed, and look at the clock. It was nine forty five.

"Oof, I'm so late for breakfast. I bet everyone has finished already." I said. My stomach gave a low, angry growl, making me whimper.

"Breakfaaaast...." I whined. There was a knock at my door, making me tilt my head.

"Hmm? That Gonta? Or maybe it's Miu about to kick my ass....or attempt to kick my ass." I thought with a smirk. I skipped over to the door and swung it open.

"Helloooo- hm? Kirumi? Wasn't expecting to see you." I said. The Ultimate Maid smiled. "Well, I noticed you did not attend with us at the dining hall, and was informed of your activities last night. So, I figured you must be hungry." She explained.....holding out a steaming stack of buttermilk pancakes with thick syrup.

"BREAKFAST!!" I happily took the stack and began to munch away, humming happily.

"Mmmmm! Oh my God that hits the spot! Thanks Kirumi!" I said.

"It was nothing, I simply wished to serve. However, there was something I wanted to ask," Kirumi said, her smile drooping, "What were you doing in Miu's lab?"

"Oh, Gonta and I *bite* broke inside to *bite* see her inventions. I found *bite* a box of them, but they *bite* were labeled as scrapped. But I fixed *bite* all of them last night. Miu got *bite* pretty paused about it, and shooed us out this morning." I explained as I ate.

"Scrapped inventions?" Kirumi asked. I wiped my mouth, licking syrup off my lips.

"Yeah, but they weren't even broken. There was just a few details missed. Wrong connected wires, loose screws, wrong batteries. I pointed this out to Miu, and she exploded."

"I see. That's why she is so upset." Kirumi said. I tilted my head. "Upset?" I said.

"Indeed. Try to think through her perspective. She made these complex inventions, but assumed they were useless. However you come along, fix them with ease, and correct her on it. Do you not think, as the Ultimate Inventor, she would feel embarrassed?" Kirumi asked. I placed a hand on my chin.

"Hmm, I guess. But I mean, it's just small details. She'd get upset over that?" I said.

"Perhaps to anyone else, it wouldn't be such a big deal. However, she is sensitive as it is, and carries a lot of confidence in her talents. So I imagine your actions must've upset her." Kirumi said. She took my now empty plate and utensils.

"You should consider apologizing to her."

I placed my hands on my hips. "Oh yeah? For what?" I asked.

"For entering her lab without permission for starters. And for insulting her this morning. Keebo explained to us exactly what you said to her." Kirumi stated sternly.

"Geez, she's scary when she's in 'mom' mode...." I muttered.

"What was that?" Kirumi said.

"Nothingthankyouforbreakfast." I said waaay to fast. Kirumi's friendly smile returned. "It was no problem." She replied, then turned and left. The moment she was out of the dormitory I sighed.

"Whatever, guess I'll go apologize to Miu. Only to get mom off my back, though."   

*    *    *    *

I walked down the hallway, resting my hands behind my neck. "You sure Miu and Kee-boy went this way?" I asked Gonta, looking over at him.

"Yes, Gonta saw both of them at computer room." Gonta replied. We came to the entrance to the computer room, but Gonta paused.