Chapter 21

Every clapped upon seeing Himiko, some of them giving small cheers. 

"Wow, everyone seems hyped for tonight's show!" Tenko stated. "Then let us not keep them waiting!" Angie replied. Himiko nodded in agreement. 

"Right! Let's begin with our first act," upon Himiko saying those words, Tenko and Angie both stood on one side of the 'saw in half' box, showing it off like real magician assistants would, "For our first act shall be the classic 'saw in half' spell! I shall require someone from the audience!" Himiko said. She scanned crowd before pointing at Kaede.

"Kaede! Come on up!" she said. Kaede put on a surprised expression, but nodded.

"Alright, here I come." she said, standing up and walking to the stage. Himiko greeted her as she came up, then she approached the box, opening it.

"Kaede, would you please lay inside the box." she said. Kaede nodded and laid inside the box. As the box closed, I saw Kaede push out the fake legs, but they looked exactly like her own legs. Kaede looked up at Himiko nervously.

"Oh geez, I'm a little nervous." she said. "If you are nervous, then perhaps this sheet shall provide you with some comfort." Angie replied, laying out a sheet on the first half of the box, covering Kaede's face. 

Tenko walked over to Himiko with a large saw in hand, making everyone in the audience gasp. I just watch with a smile, leaning back a bit. Himiko happily took the saw, and approached the 'unsuspecting' Kaede. "Now witness as I use my magic, and this saw, to split Kaede in two!" she stated. She took out a wand and tapped the box.

"Hocus Pocus! Alakazam! Kaede shall no longer be whole!" she chanted before sawing at the box. We waited patiently and eagerly until she had sawed the whole box. Afterwards, Angie grabbed a hold of the second half of the box and pulled....revealing a clean and unbloody cut.

Everyone began to clap, smiles on all their faces. 

"Wow! She's actually in half!" Tenko said. Angie smiled and walked over to the first half. "Just look Kaede, your legs are over there!" she said. She pulled off the curtain so that she could see....but Kaede had disappeared. Everyone in the room gasped. I chuckled.

"Wow, Kaede got under the stage pretty quickly. I didn't even notice when she went under." I said. The three on stage looked at the box confused. 

"Nyeh, perhaps I casted a disappearing spell on accident." Himiko said. Tenko wen over to second half of the box and flashed a smile at the group.

"Guess we'll give her legs back later then." she said, pushing the box away and off the stage. As Tenko went off the stage, everyone began to whisper among themselves.

"Holy shit her legs are gone! Where the hell did Kaede go?!" Miu whispered. "Not sure. I'm sure she's okay though. It's all an act, remember." Maki replied. "Pretty good act if you ask me." Ryoma said. Well it sounds like everyone is enjoying the show so far.

"Now, may we have another volunteer from the audience?" Angie asked. I wasn't surprised to see everyone stiffen. Himiko again scanned the crowd, eyes narrowing until she pointed at Kiyo.

"You! Come on up!" she said.

"Kehehehe, very well." Kiyo said, standing up and walking up to the stage. Tenko opened the tall box, which was also on the stage. Himiko looked to Kiyo and gestured for him to enter. Kiyo nodded and walked into the box. As soon as he was snug inside, Tenko closed the box and locked it. 

"Now, I shall perform the 'Impaled Swords' spell!" Himiko stated. Angie and Tenko both held three swords in hand, making the crowd gasp even louder then before. Himiko took a sword from Angie and held it up for the crowd to see.