Chapter 32

I laid quietly on my bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling. Each passing minute felt like an hour, and I began to feel more and more anxious. I gripped onto the bed sheets below me, eyes narrowing. It was almost dawn. Soon here, we would all split up into our groups and hurry to each individual power source. 

We had already planned our groups ahead of time; my group was with Kaito, Maki, and Shuichi. The four of us would be going to the power source in the hidden room by the library. Everyone was eager, and we were all excited to leave. I've planned this escape for weeks, going it over and over in my head. I had everything prepared.....

So why do I still feel this strange sense of dread?

Like something bad was about to happen? Something really bad....

"Getting anxious to get outta here, are ya?" I inhaled sharply, then bolted up right, looking to see Monokuma standing at the end of my bed. I narrowed my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest. "Haven't you heard of knocking?" I asked.

"I'm surprised, Kokichi. You actually got your shit together and you banded everyone together to plan a huge escape." Monokuma stated. My eyes widened. He already knows about our plan? Crap, not good. What will he do about it-

"Relax, I don't plan on getting in your way." Monokuma replied. I blinked, caught off guard by his statement. "You're.....not?" I said.

"Nope. I'm just gonna kick back and see if your little plan even works. But don't get caught, or the Exisals will get ya~" Monokuma replied. He tilted his head, placing his paw on his chin. "Tell me something though, Kokichi. You played things very differently in the first time line. Lying whenever you got the chance, putting others down, letting your best friend carry out your murder plan, and even forcing someone to kill you...." he said. I narrowed my eyes. 

"You wanna get to your point before you piss me off?" I said in a threatening tone. 

"I'm just curious.....why the sudden change? Why the sudden buddy-buddy act with everyone?" Monokuma asked. 

I smirked. "You wanna know? It could be many reasons. Maybe I'm just sick of your bullshit~ Maybe I'm just bored of this pathetic game~ Maybe I'm just sick of you~" I stated. Monokuma blinked, then he chuckled.

"Pufufufu, that so?" he said. He turned his back to me, placing his paws behind his back. 

"Well, whatever the reason, because of your actions, you've kept up everyone's hopes and have given them love and trust. You've given them a reason to keep living and to protect each other.....and frankly...." Monokuma suddenly looked back at me, his red eye glowing brighter.

"That pisses me off."

My eyes widened in surprise, and I backed up a bit, caught off guard by his sudden change in tone. It felt as if the atmosphere changed, causing a dark aura to surround the room. 

"Because of you, I can't fuel my power. I am a despair demon, you know? How am I suppose to fuel my power if I have no despair to feed off of? How else am I gonna keep these killing games going without my powers?" Monokuma said. We both stared at each other for a moment, silence hanging in the room.....then I gave a wicked smile.

"Then I guess you won't." I replied. Monokuma narrowed his eyes, then he looked away from me.

"....you might wanna get going. It's dawn, and you don't wanna be late for your little pow wow." he said. I perked up, looked to the clock, seeing that it was indeed dawn. However, when I looked back at Monokuma....he was already gone.