Chapter 26

"Kokichi! Get back here with my jacket!" Kaito called out. I chuckled more and more as I swung the academy door open and glanced back. Not only was Kaito hot on my tail but Shuichi was running towards us, but at a slower pace.

"Kaito hold up...." he panted out. 

"Nee-heehee, come and get me, Kaito!" I called, running inside the academy. I continued to bolt down the hallway, waving Kaito's coat around like a flag.

"Kaito and Shuichi continue to pursue Kokichi, but struggle to keep up with his speed, for he was outmatched when it came to thinking on his feet!" I narrated. 

"Damn it! Get back here you bastard!" Kaito called out. I could hear his footsteps echo down the hallway. I chuckled and took a sharp turn, then took a sharp right. Up ahead, I could see the door to the Ultimate Pianist's lab. I ran over to the door and opened it, but waited till I saw Kaito in the distance, making sure he saw me.

"Over here, Kaito! Better come get me!" I chanted, going inside and slamming the door behind me. As I expected, the room was empty. I decided to hide inside the large piano, lifting the lid and hopping inside. However as the lid closed over me, I felt more cramped then I wanted.

"Ngh, this is not as big as I hoped." I muttered. Guess its a good thing I'm small. I could hear the door open, making me smirk.

"Kokichi!" Kaito shouted. I waited and listened as he searched the room, followed by another pair of feet. "Where did he go?" I heard Shuichi say. "I don't know, but he better hope that I don't find him!" Kaito stated. I had to cover my mouth to keep from chuckling. 

"Yoohoo~" I chirped.

I could hear loud footsteps coming this way, and the piano lid opened, showing a puzzled Kaito. 

"Pop goes the weasel!" I shouted as I leaped out, hopping on top of his shoulders briefly before jumping to the door, surprising Shuichi and Kaito greatly.

"What the hell-" Kaito said, stumbling back. 

"Kokichi!" Shuichi said as I ran to the door. I chuckled and looked back, winking at them.

"Gotta do better then that, guys~ Nee-heehee~" I said as I ran off. I could hear Kaito yell out in anger as I ran down the hallway, swearing as his footsteps could be heard. Luckily I had a huge lead, and ran towards the dining hall. I didn't hesitate to burst the doors open, then hid behind them.

I watched as Kaito ran into the room, looking around, not even bothering to look behind the door.

"Kokichi, get your ass out here with my coat!" he snapped. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were intense. "This is so much fun~" I thought. Coming up with yet another mischievous idea, I snuck up behind the Ultimate Astronaut. Just as Kaito turned around, I wrapped his coat around his face.

"Gotcha!" I said. He let out muffled screams, struggling to get out.

"Hang on!" I called. I began to spin him around the room, making sure he was plenty dizzy. As I did, I spotted Shuichi enter the room. "Kokichi what are you doing?!" he exclaimed.

"Chill out, I'm not hurting him." I said. I pulled the coat away from Kaito, causing him to stumble away, his eyes looking like giant black swirls. 

"See, he's perfectly fine!" I said as he smacked into the wall. With that said I bolted past Shuichi and ran off, giggling as I hurried down the hall. "Nee-heehee, that was awesome," I thought, looking back, "What should I do now- GH!" I let out a strangled noise as a strong hand wrapped around my throat, lifting my off the floor. I looked down, recognizing the pair of beady red eyes glaring at me.