Chapter 38

I groaned, finding the surface I was laying on to be very comfortable. It felt hard, probably made out of wood, but I was too tired to care. I just wanted to sleep. 

"Kokichi?" I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I groaned. I slowly turned my head towards the direction of the voice, slowly opening my eyes. It was blurry at first, but after blinking a few times....I saw it was Kiibo standing before me. He looked down at me in concern. My eyes shot wide open.

"Kiibo!" I jumped out of my seat, hands on his shoulders and looking at him. He yelped, looking at me surprised. "Y-You're....you're alive!" I said. He nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine, don't worry....the time line reset again, didn't it?" His question caught me off guard, and I took a step back. He just waited patiently, awaiting my answer.

"Wait....you remember....?" 

"Yes. I remember everything." Kiibo replied. My eyes widened, and I looked away. If he remembered everything about the other two time lines....the others probably remember too. "I don't understand though. Why would Monokuma reset the time line again?" Kiibo asked. I shook my head. "It wasn't Monokuma..." I said. He looked at me puzzled.

"Let's fine the others. They probably remember, just like you do. I can explain to all of you what happened." I said. Kiibo nodded, and we left the classroom together. For a moment, we weren't sure where to go, then Kiibo suggested we head to the gym, since that's where we've gathered before. It seemed logical, so we went to the gym together, and sure enough....everyone was already there. Talking among themselves, probably a bit confused. However all eyes were on us the moment we stepped in.

I flinched, feeling kinda...uneasy. I mean, I did managed to get everyone killed in the last time line. Sure, it wasn't on purpose...but I still did.

"Kokichi," I looked up, seeing Gonta looking at me, "time line restart again. What happened? Why Monokuma do this?" he asked. I pushed away my uneasy feelings and shook my head. "No, it wasn't Monokuma who did this-"

"No. It wasn't." we all looked to the stage....seeing a very pissed off Monokuma standing there. 

"You fucking little monsters....I can't believe this happened! It was fun the first time around, but I don't want to deal with a third time line! Dammit!" Monokuma shouted. Tenko walked up towards the stage. "What happened here?! Tell us, right now!" she demanded. "Oh gee, isn't it obvious? You guys are back for round three! Apparently, my kubs wanted to give you guys a third chance. Ugh, such a pain...." Monokuma growled. 

That made me realize something....the Monokubs weren't anywhere to be seen. They were usually right behind Monokuma all the time. Where are they? "Where are the Monokubs?" I asked. Monokuma suddenly chuckled, a grin spreading across his face. "Oh, don't worry....let's just say they got punished, and we don't have to worry about them anymore." he said. Everyone gasped.

Shit....I guess this really is my last chance then.

"You damn bastard....weren't they your kids? How could you do that to them?!" Kaito snapped. "Like you give two shits about them. Look anyway, you should all be really fucking grateful. Because of them, you all are given a chance to live again. Trust me, I strongly suggest you take advantage of this situation." Monokuma stated. He yawned, stretching his tiny arms.

"I'm gonna go catch some z's. I'll catch ya all on the flip side! Later!" and with that said, Monokuma disappeared. And we were left there, in silence. No one knew what to say, or what to do. I felt especially uncomfortable....there were so many things I wanted to say. To apologize for everything I ever did. And for just being a jerk in general. But....I didn't deserve forgiveness.