Chapter 30

My eyes widened upon hearing Kaede's words.

"He what?!" I said. "I-I asked Shuichi where he was going, and he just stated he was going to the Exisal Hangar. I tried to stop him, but he pushed me aside and ran off!" Kaede said. "Is he serious?! Doesn't he realize that's a suicide wish?!" Maki said.

"Dammit....he's doing this cause of me." Kaito said, clenching his fists. I couldn't believe this. When things are so close to coming together, of course someone had to do something reckless. And Shuichi of all people?! Isn't he usually the voice of reason?! But then again, it is his best friend that's sick....

"Shit!" I hissed. I ran past Kaede and swung open the door. "Kokichi! Where are you going?!" Himiko said. I looked back.

"Take a guess!" I said, then bolted off. I ran down the hallway, running as fast I could to catch up with Shuichi. The Exisal Hangar isn't far from the academy. It's just out on the courtyard. I panted as I pushed open the doors and ran out towards the hangar building. I could barely see Shuichi in the distance, about to enter the hangar building. 

"Shuichi!" I called. He glanced back at me for a moment before going inside. "Dammit Shuichi." I muttered. I hurried and ran inside the hangar. From here, the hangar is kinda a maze, with glowing walls that made you feel like you were in an arcade.

"Shuichi!" I called again. Course I got no response, so I sighed and went in deeper. I was tempted to run inside, just to catch up with Shuichi, but I knew I had to be careful from here. Those Exisals were still guarding this place after all. I just hope I can find Shuichi before its too late.

I quietly crept down the hallway, seeing a fork in the road up ahead. "Okay, left or right...." I thought. It's been a few days since I've inspected this place for the escape, so I didn't have it memorized without my notebook, and I left that behind in the cafeteria since I ran in a rush.

"Stupid Kokichi, stupid...." I muttered, facepalming. However I froze when I heard heavy footsteps up ahead.

"Man, this is so boring." I heard a familiar voice say. That's definitely Monokid, and he must be riding an Exisal. Crap! I looked around for a place to hide. But I could only turn around and hide behind the last corner I turned, hearing the footsteps get louder and louder.

"I don't know why we have to hang around this shitty place. None of those brats are foolish enough to get near here." Monokid said. I stayed perfectly still, growing more nervous as the footsteps got louder and louder, sweat streaming down the side of my face. If he turns this corner....I'm toast. My eyes shifted to the entrance. I could try to make a run for the exit and find another way inside, but would I make it.....?

"Huh? What was that?" The heavy footsteps stopped suddenly, but I didn't dare move.

"....Bwahahaha! One of those brats actually came?! Damn! Hold it, where are ya? I can probably find that Shuichi guy easily." Monokid said. My eyes widened. 

"Shuichi...." 

The heavy footsteps started to sound farther away, and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I risked a glance around the corner, and watched as the Exisal walked and turned to the left.

"Okay, right then." I thought. I waited a few more seconds for the Exisal to walk farther away before bolting for that right turn and hurrying towards it. Up ahead, I could see a another right turn. I peeked at it first before running towards it. Then up ahead I could see a left turn, leading to a supposed wide space. I glanced inside, only to inhale sharply upon see three Exisals inside. I quickly hid behind the wall, praying they didn't see me.