Chapter 7

The sixteen of us are at the dining hall, our mouths melting from Kirumi's fine delicacy! I swear to God she is the best damn cool I've ever met!

"Delicious Kirumi! You always make the best meals!" Tenko stated. "Yeah, it's really good." Himiko said.

"I appreciate that you enjoy it, but praise isn't needed. It is a maid's duty to serve others until they are satisfied." Kirumi replied.

"Are you kidding? The whole world should know if your cooking!" Kaede stated. "Indeed, you needn't be so modest of your skills." Kiyo added.

"Thank you, Kirumi. It means a lot to us for you to go this far." Ryoma said. Kirumi blushed, but smiled.

"Thank you....everyone."

"Seconds please!" I said, holding out my empty plate.

"Me too please!" Kaito said. "I asked first!" I stated. "Who cares?! I want some too!" Kaito said.

"Not if I eat it all!" I said. "Why you-"

"Both of you degenerate males have some respect! I don't care if she's a maid, that's no excuse to treat her like that!" Tenko snapped. Kirumi just giggled and took both plates.

"Please be at ease. I am more than happy to give you both seconds." She replied, calmly walking back to the kitchen. I sighed and leaned back in my chair. As I did, I looked around the room. I eventually looked to Ryoma. I noticed he was a lot more chatty with the others, and he wore a big smile on his face.

It made me curious. What's got him in a good mood? "Hey, Ryoma? You alright?" I asked. Ryoma looked at me, seeming puzzled.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You just seem more happy, that's all." I replied. "Its true, you do seem to be in a better mood then normal." Shuichi said. Ryoma chuckled.

"Ah, that. Honestly, I think it was that tennis match." He said. Gonta tilted his head.

"Tennis match?" He said.

"I haven't been on the court in years. So, going back to it....felt good," he looked to Gonta and I, "you two are actually pretty skilled. I'm impressed. But I owe you a rematch." He stated. Gonta and I looked to each other, then we smiled.

"Sure thing! Sounds fun!" We both said.

*    *    *    *

"Oh man I'm stuffed...." I muttered, walking down the sidewalk on the courtyard. It was definitely nighttime, as the fake sky painted a dark midnight blue. I wanted to go for a walk, since I really didn't feel sleepy.

"Geez, a Panta sounds great right now." I murmured. My gaze wandered around the courtyard....until they landed on something I didn't expect to see.

Rantaro. Sitting on the roof of Miu's Ultimate lab. I blinked, slowly approaching it.

"Rantaro?" He snapped out of his trance and looked down at me.

"Kokichi? What are you doing our here?" He asked. I effortlessly climbed up the building and got to Rantaro.

"I could ask you the same thing." I said, plopping beside him and swinging my legs over the edge. He looked up at the sky, eyes narrowing.

"Just looking at the stars." He said.

"Ohhh, you mean the fake stars? Probably just headlights or something." I said. Rantaro nodded. "Probably." He murmured. There was a moment of silence, and I slowly grew bored, so I decided to start up small talk.

"Do you remember any of it? The old killing you participated in?" I asked. His figure tensed, and for a moment his eyes widened. Then he looked down, a shadow casting over his eyes.