Chapter 40

Everything had changed, and before we all knew it....we were in the auditorium of Hope's Peak High School. I was still very surprised. Here we were....at the actual academy where it all began. 

"Whoa, we're....we're really here?" Himiko said. "This is kinda freaky. It looks exactly like Hope's Peak." Kaito stated. Course, as we thought, all the windows and exits were boarded up in iron plates and such. 

"Pufufufu, I told you it would be like a simulation. Please, take some time to enjoy your tour of this academy!" Monokuma stated. "Now hold on, there's supposed to be a body around here, right? Where would it be?" Kaede asked. "Now where's the fun in that? No, you wanted to solve a murder case, you're gonna go through the book. And phase one is always the body discovery." Monokuma stated.

"In other words, we need to find the body ourselves." Rantaro stated.

"Yep! Make sure you pay key attention to every detail in this place. It will help you. Now however, there is only one thing I will give you that will help you with your case." Monokuma replied, snapping his little paws, if that was even possible. Suddenly, small little phones appeared in our hands, making me blink.

"What the...." I murmured.

"These are your digital notebooks. They will share information on the participants of the killing games. Not everything, but just enough." Monokuma replied. He turned around and began to walk away. "I'll see ya kids later. Good luck! You're gonna need it!" Monokuma replied, than he disappeared. I nodded, and turned to the others. 

"Okay, let's take a second to review who participated in this game." I said. We each turned on our digital notebooks, looking through them. "I guess each notebook only hold info on one student. Cause I have someone named Kyoko Kirigiri." Shuichi replied. I looked through the profile I had. I apparently had someone named Byakuya Togami.

"Okay, well I guess we should find the body, and who the victim is. That's what we gotta do right?" Miu asked. 

"We should spread out and search the entire academy. If you find stairs, keep track of how many floors you go up." I said. "Huh? Why does that matter?" Kiibo asked. "Remember for us, more and more floors were opened up to us as more cases were solved. If we see how many floors are available, and we can take a guess on when this murder took place, as well as how many survivors there were at this point." I replied. Everyone nodded. 

So, we all split up. Shuichi and Gonta decided to walk with me, deciding to see if there are other floors on this place. We managed to get to the second floor, which didn't seem to out of the ordinary. "Should we search this floor?" Gonta asked.

"No....not yet. I want to see how many floors we can go up. Then when we reach the top one, we'll come back down and examine each floor in detail." I replied. "That seems like a good idea. Look, there's another set of stairs over there." Shuichi said, pointing to one nearby.

The three of us went up to the third floor. Then to the fourth. And finally, to the fifth. I was shocked we managed to get this far. "Wow, if we got this far....that means a lot of people must've died at this point I said." I thought aloud. "Which also means less suspects." Shuichi replied. "It is gonna be a bitch to figure out who survived this far into the killing game. It can't be more than maybe five or six people." I said.

"I wonder if it say so in digital notebooks?" Gonta said. "Actually, that's not a bad idea. Worth a shot." I replied. I turned on my notebook and took a look. As much as I read through about Togami though, it didn't say anything about if he had died, or which cases he took place in.

"Dammit, nothing...." I muttered. I sighed, placing a hand on my forehead. I was honestly stressed and scared as hell. How the fuck were we gonna figure this out? Even if we find the body, there isn't any way to tell who survived this far or not. So how will we be able to narrow down our suspects?