Chapter 10

Tsumugi snapped her head to the door.

"Brought....everyone?" She murmured. Gonta stepped aside to let everyone inside: Kaede, Tenko, Himiko, Angie, and Rantaro. "Guys? What are you all doing here?" Tsumugi asked, coming over to them.

"Well, Gonta said that you weren't feeling like yourself, so he suggested that a cosplay party with you would cheer you up." Tenko said.

"What? N-No, you don't have to..." Tsumugi said. "We know we don't have to, but we want to." Rantaro stated.

"Yeah, what are friends for?" Kaede said with a smile. Tsumugi's eyes widened, practically lighting up.

"F...F-Friends?"

"Nyeh? Course we're friends. We forgave you, didn't we?" Himiko said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Yes! And besides, who wouldn't want a chance to try out the famous Tsumugi's costumes!" Angie said, eyeing the mannequinns.

"What?! No no! Y-You don't want to try those on!" Tsumugi said, looking more and more flustered.

"Oh yes you do," I stated, putting on my mask and standing on the stool I sat on, "just check out this phantom thief costume she made!"

Everyone stared at me in complete awe, eyes wide and mouths gaped open.

"Okay I gotta try on one!" Tenko stated, rushing to the costumes. Everyone followed her, looking through the costumes. "There's so many good ones..." Himiko said.

"Indeed. Even Atua is stumped on what I should choose." Angie said. Kaede puffed up her cheeks.

"What will look cute on me?" She said. Tsumugi watched in silence, seemingly stunned....then she beamed, putting on a determined expression.

"I know exactly what will suite you all! Come, let me guide you during your cosplay experience!"

*    *    *    *

I mostly just watched as the girls began to change into many outfits. Rantaro sat beside me, seemingly enjoying himself. Even Monophanie joined in the fun, cosplaying quite a bit.

I glanced at Rantaro....who I noticed was making goo goo eyes at Tsumugi the whole time.

"They look like they're having fun." I said, making the boy snap out of his thoughts.

"Oh uh yeah, yeah they do." He said.

"So why are you sitting here like a loser? You obviously want to spend time with Tsumugi. Ask her to pick out an outfit for you." I said. Rantaro looked at me.

"Think she'll be okay with that?" He asked. "That will make her day." I stated. Rantaro took a deep breath and nodded, getting up and walking to Tsumugi. I sighed, leaning back and drinking another cocktail.

"....why do I feel like I've grown soft?" I thought.

*    *    *    *

After a couple of hours of cosplaying, it was getting close to nighttime. Everyone began to leave the Ultimate Cosplayer's lab. Gonta and I were the last ones to leave.

"This fun, Tsumugi. Gonta want to do this again!" Gonta stated. Tsumugi giggled.

"Definitely. And I'll make an outfit that will fit you!" She stated. I smirked, turning to leave. "Well, we best be on our way. Night Tsumugi-"

"Wait Kokichi."

I paused, puzzled. I turned to speak to her....but she suddenly hugged me, wrapping her arms around my neck. My eyes widened in shock, feeling her warmth pressed close to me.