Chapter 13

Thirty painful minutes of working frantically, and we were finally finished. We had finished Keebo's repairs and the antivirus was done.

"Okay, I just need to inject the antivirus, and Keebo should be good as new." Miu said, but I could hear the nervousness in her tone. Despite that, she plugged in a cord to Keebo, and the antivirus was slowly being sent.

Within just a few moments, Miu unplugged the cord, and we waited....

And waited.....

Waited for Keebo to wake up. To move. To speak. To do anything!

However, he didn't react at all for a few seconds. Miu didn't keep her eyes off him, fiddling with her hands. I was biting my thumb nervously.

"Come on Keebo. Come on...."

We both perked up when we heard a groan. Keebo's eyes flickered on, and he slowly opened them. He placed a hand on his head, slowly sitting up.

"Mmm, what happened? Where am I- GAH!" Miu suddenly embraced him in a tight hug, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You're okay! Thank God you're okay!" Miu said with teary eyes. Keebo looked down at her surprised before he smiled and parted the top of her head.

I let out a sigh of relief, not realizing I was holding my breath.

*    *    *    *

The three of us left the lab, about to head back to the academy.

"Kokichi!" I looked up ahead. The whole class ran towards the three of us, with Gonta leading them.

"Guys?" Gonta skidded to a stop, ceasing the group as well. "Everyone hear Monokuma announcement. We all gather to discover poisoned victim, but draw you three nowhere!" He explained.

"Where were you three?! We've been looking everywhere for you! Were one of you infected with the virus?" Shuichi asked. Miu put on a wide smile.

"Oh, no need to worry about that skanky virus! I, the super genius girl, Miu Iruma, solved that dilenma!" She stated.

"Yes, you see I was the one infected with the virus. But Miu was able to help cure it." Keebo explained.

"And this guy was a big help as well," Miu replied, patting me on the back, "it would've been a helluva lot harder without him."

"No way, I got a compliment from Miu? This is a good day!" I stated. Everyone began to physically relax. "Okay, so then that's over. Thank goodness." Tsumugi stated, placing a hand over her chest as she let out a sigh of relief.  "So, I guess we can go and get some sleep." Rantaro stated. 

"Yeah, good idea, I'm pretty bushed." Kaede admitted with a small giggle. 

"Okay, but you guys go on ahead," I said, looking back at Miu, "I wanted to talk to Miu about something." Miu looked back at me in surprise but nodded. Everyone said their good nights and left to the dormitory, except for Miu and Keebo. The Ultimate Inventor looked at me with a cocked head and placed her hands on her hips.

"So what's up?"

".....look, I guess I should....apologize about earlier today. I shouldn't have embarrassed you like that, especially when I know nothing but the basics of tech. I didn't think I'd hurt you that much. But look, like I said earlier, you are the Ultimate Inventor. Not everyone can say they can make the things you make. It's not something you should give up on just cause someone insults you." I explained. 

"This might sound stupid from me, hypocritical even. But, you can't just give up on what you love cause someone makes fun of you or says you suck. You're Miu Iruma, the super genius girl, right? So, be confident in that. No matter what anyone else says, even me." I said.