Chapter 34

All our eyes widened upon hearing Monokuma's announcement. He wants us to meet in the gym? But why? Why not just kill Himiko? He's using her as leverage....but for what?

"T-The gym? You think Himiko is there too?" Tenko asked. "I can't say for certain, but that seems like a high possibility." Keebo stated. "Dammit, what do we do now then? Do we really have to do what that damn bear says?!" Kaito said. I clenched down on my teeth, looking away. This spells trap all over, but he does have Himiko....

"Kokichi?" Shuichi said.

".....we don't have a choice. We can't risk Himiko getting hurt. Knowing Monokuma, he never jokes about his threats." I stated. Everyone looked around at each other, wearing the same expression of dread. However we all knew there was no other way.

So together, we began to make our way to gym.

*    *    *    *

I began to feel more and more uneasy as we approached the doors that led into the gym. I had a really bad feeling about this whole thing. What is Monokuma planning?

"Come on, let's go." I said, glancing back at the group. They all nodded. I looked back at the doors. I reached out, laying my hand flat against it. However, I hesitated to push it open. I felt like we should all turn away and leave. That the moment I open this door, something evil would swallow us up. No....more like something would swallow me up. I felt that if I opened this door, that bear would somehow ruin my life.....

"Kokichi, what are you waiting for?" Kaito asked.

....I pushed the door open with full force. We all slowly entered the gym. Up ahead, Monokuma stood proudly on the stage, with two Exisals standing at each side of the stage. However, I was surprised by the item that laid beside Monokuma....a Flashback light. 

"Ah good, you all made it." Monokuma said. Tenko immediately sent a fierce glare at him. "Where's Himiko?! What have you done with her?! Give her back to us!" she demanded in a threatening tone. 

"Oh my, so scary~ Ya know, I wouldn't be throwing threats at me like that." Monokuma said with a chuckle. We all jumped at the heavy footsteps behind us, and whirled around. My eyes widened. The Exisal held Himiko in one hand, wrapping its fingers tightly around her small body, enough to where she couldn't squeeze her way out.

"Himiko!" Tenko cried. "Oh my goodness, are you okay, Himiko?!" Angie said in concern, eyes wide. Himiko was struggling to get free from the Exisal, squirming and kicking her legs.

"Ugh! Grgh! G-Guys! I-I can't get out!" she cried, fear clearly visible in her voice. Shuichi looked back at Monokuma, narrowing his eyes.

"What do you want from us? You wouldn't have brought us here unless it was for a reason." Shuichi stated. 

"Pufufufu! Yeah, you're right. There was a reason I brought all of you here. A HUGE reason actually." Monokuma stated. "It's obvious, isn't it? With all these Exisals here, you obviously plan to kill us for trying to escape! Well that ain't gonna work, asshole! If you're gonna take us down, then we'll take ya down with us!" Miu stated.

"Such fierce spirit! I admire that, missy. But no, that's not why I brought you here." Monokuma stated. We all looked at each other in confusion till I looked back at the bear.

"Then why did you bring us here?" I asked. 

"....Bwahahahahaha!" 

Monokuma's sudden burst of laughter made us all jump, and it made my heart sank. What was he thinking? What is he planning to do? "Sooooo funny you should be the one asking, Ko-ki-chi." Monokuma stated, hopping off the stage with the Flashback light in his paws. I lifted a brow.