Chapter 41

Korekiyo and Maki led us down the hall, and into a room called the Bio Lab. The moment we entered, I was smacked in the face with a vile, rotten scent. I gagged, covering my nose. "What the fuck is that smell?!" I said. Kaito made a face of disgusted and nodded. "It smells like someone died in here!" he stated.

"Well....you're half right." Maki replied. She went to one of the shelves that were up against the wall, and pulled one open....revealing a corpse, covered with a white sheet. Kaito's face went pale, and he looked away.

"Ah geez, what the hell, man? What kind of shit is this?" he said. Shuichi stepped farther inside, looking at the other shelves, eyes widen. "Is this...it can't be..." he murmured.

"I'm afraid it is. These are all bodies of the past participants of this very killing game. This room is used as a morgue for the deceased. The very body Maki has presented is the corpse of the only Celestia Ludenberg." Korekiyo replied. Kaede slowly shook her head, seeming to be in shock. "I-I don't understand....this whole place is supposed to be a simulation. How can there be corpses here?!" she said. "He's a despair demon who can restart timelines. I'm honestly surprised he can't do worse than that, at least that we know of." Rantaro replied, hands on his hips.

"Still...that's very creepy...." Tsumugi said, looking away from them. I placed a hand on my chin. It is interesting Monokuma decided to put these corpses here. Probably to scare us to death. 

My eyes widened.

"Wait a minute...." I murmured. I looked at each of the morgue shelves, looking at each label on them. "Sakura Ogami....Leon Kuwata...." I perked up. I found it.....Mukuro Ikusaba. I didn't hesitate to open it. And just like I had hoped, there was no corpse to be found. "Mukuro Ikusaba was killed off way early in the game, and yet there is no corpse here in the morgue. And the body in the Green Room looks like Junko. But if Mukuro was indeed disguised as Junko since the beginning, and her body isn't here...." I said.

"Then the body in the Green Room truly is Mukuro's!" Shuichi said.

"Well then, I guess that's figured out. But, how was Mukuro killed? And why is her body being used here in the latest case?" Ryoma said. "I don't know, but let's figure out our suspects. If Mukuro's body isn't here, than neither are the survivors bodies. Whoever has an empty morgue shelf took part of the latest case." I stated.

So we did just that. We went through every shelf that was there in the morgue. In the end, seven other shelves were empty: Asahina, Makoto, Kirigiri, Makoto, Togami, Hagakure and Junko. 

"So those seven were the survivors. Well, six survivors and one mastermind, who later executed herself." Maki said. 

"Okay, now here's something I don't understand....why did Junko Enoshima kill herself? Sure, she lost to hope in the end. However as far as we know, she didn't commit any murders. And if there isn't bodies for the other six, that means none of them were executed for Mukuro's case." Kirumi said.

"We need to look around more. We need more clues," I looked to everyone, "did anyone find anything else that looked important or suspicious?" I asked.

"There were two other rooms that looked strange on the fourth floor. Strangely enough, they were the only rooms we found that were locked. That was the Principal's office and the Computer Lab." Angie replied.

"Okay. Now, I don't know how much more time we have in this investigation, so we need to hurry. Miu and Kiibo, can you both come with me to the Computer Lab? You two are the best with computers and tech, so maybe you can help me search around it." I said. Both of them nodded. "Of course. We'll gladly accompany you." Kiibo stated. "We'll search every file on those computers, no problem!" Miu stated.