Chapter 31

Shuichi explained his plan to me, and we both peeked from behind the hydraulic press. Monokid was still looking around the hangar, and Monodam remained guarding the only exit. Shuichi and I looked at each other.

"Ready?" Shuichi asked. I chuckled. "Nope."

"Me either." 

With that said, I bolted out from our hiding spot and ran up the stairs, leading to the control panel. Then I whistled and waved my arms around. "Hey! Monokid! Over here!" I called. The Exisal turned to face me, slamming its fist into its hand.

"Oh? Seems the supreme leader wanted to play too, huh? Hope you like playing rough, kid, cause I won't be holding back!" he stated. Monokid lunged forward to grab me, but I leaped high and avoided, then got on top of his back.

"Gotta catch me first~" I said mockingly. Monokid attempted to reach behind me, but his arms were just barely out of reach. "Hey! Get the hell off of me you little fucker!" Monokid snapped. Monodam's Exisal perked up, and walked towards us. 

"I GOT HIM." he said, raising a fist to slam into me. However I clung onto Monokid's Exisal, waiting for the right moment. Wait for it....wait for it....

Finally I leaped off and hopped onto one of the cranes that are used to carry the Exisals....while Monodam accidentally punched Monokid. 

"Ow! What the hell was that for, Monodam?!" Monokid snapped. "SORRY. MY BAD." Monodam said. I laughed, pointing at them.

"Come on you idiots! I thought you were good with those Exisals! Aren't ya gonna catch me? Or are ya bored already?" I said with a smirk. Monokid growled, stomping a single foot. "Why you little- I'm gonna kill ya!" he stated. Monokid leaped out, reaching out for me. But again I leaped back near the control panel, with Monokid grabbing the crane instead. The moment he did, the crane grabbed onto his wrist, making him yelp.

"Hey! W-What the hell?!" Monokid said. I chuckled. "Should've been paying attention to my partner in crime." I said, referring to Shuichi, who was standing on the lower level near the crane controls. Shuichi smirked.

"Gonna have to do better then that, you guys." he stated. Monodam turned to the detective, and began to stomp towards him.

"LET MONOKID GO." he said. Shuichi slowly backed away, going closer and closer to the hydraulic press. He knelt down, reaching by the machine's side. 

"Huh? You gonna cower in fear, weakling?" Monokid said with a laugh. "Hehehe, far from that, actually." Shuichi stated. I watched as he pulled out the cable from the hydraulic press, which he had cut while I was distracting the Exisals. Sparks came from the end, and Shuichi threw it at Monodam just as the Exisal stepped on it. 

Monodam cried out as the Exisal was electrocuted, electricity sparking everywhere. 

"Monodam!" Monokid cried. I leaped off from where I was and ran after Shuichi, grabbing his arm. "Great performance, worked out well, not let's get the hell outta here!" I said quickly. Shuichi nodded and we didn't hesitate to make a run for the shutter, pushing it up and running down the hallway.

"You remember how to get out of here?" Shuichi asked. "I was hoping you'd remember." I replied. 

"Great...." Shuichi said. We came upon a right turn up ahead, making Shuichi perk up. "That way!" he said. However, the thundering sound of Exisal footsteps could be heard, and one of the Exisals turned around the corner.

"Gotcha!" Monosuke shouted.

"Nope! This way!" I said, grabbed Shuichi's arm and leading him back the way we came. We bolted down the hallway, with Monosuke on our tails. Then we came upon a fork in the road. "Left or right?" Shuichi said. We came to the middle, and I could see another Exisal down on the right side.