Chapter 44

The moment Monokuma said that last sentence, I froze, and pulled my hand away. It was shaking again, and I could feel the familiar pit in my stomach. If we're wrong about who the culprit is....everyone dies again....and it'll be my fault...

"Don't listen to him, Kokichi!" I looked up, seeing Gonta smiling at me. "He just try to get to you. Ignore him. Like you told Gonta to do." he replied. I blinked. He's right. Monokuma is just trying to psych me out. Getting me to be paranoid and scared. Well, I'm through playing his game.

"I wasn't kidding about how serious this decision is. So you better be damn sure that Junko is the culprit." Monokuma stated. 

"....how could it not be her? All the evidence points right at her. Plus," I looked around the room, "I was able to solve this case with the best group I could think of. How could I not be confident in our choice?" I said. Everyone looked at me surprised, but then gave me wide smiles. "Well said, buddy. Now let's finish this here and now!" Kaito stated. "No more despair! We leave this place together!" Gonta stated. "It's time to put an end to the despair." Shuichi stated.

I looked to the selection screen again. I stared hard at the Junko icon. Strangely enough, her eyes seemed to be staring right at me, as if daring me to select her. 

"You can't trick us....you're the one who's guilty, Junko Enoshima!" 

With that said, I pressed her icon. 

A moment went by, no one had said anything. I held my breath, bracing to see what would happen. However, suddenly....a little cheer played on the speakers, and my screen said that I was indeed correct. My eyes lit up. 

"We...we did it....we solved the case!" I cried. Everyone cheered, throwing their fists in the air. "Yes! I knew we'd do it! What'd I tell ya?!" Kaito stated. "We did it! Hooray!" Himiko cheered, throwing her hat into the air. "We won! We won!" Gonta cried, crying tears of joy. 

"....what are you all cheering for?" 

We looked to Monokuma. He was glowing a dark, purple aura around his body. I looked at him seriously. "You lost, Monokuma. We solved the case. You can't change anything, or alter how it ends. You have to set us free." I stated. "Set you free? Me, lose? No....never. Despair never allows the good guys to win. Despair engulfs you into darkness until there's nothing left of you. There's no way....I'm letting a brat like you win!" Monokuma roared. His voice had deepened into a more demonic tone, and both his eyes glowed read. Everyone flinched as he grew a few more feet. 

I didn't move from where I was. I just simply watched him, with my arms crossed across my chest. "You gonna throw a tantrum now? You're such a sore loser, you know that?" I said. "I'l destroy you all! You'll all die! Despair will win!" Monokuma roared. "Oh yeah? If you wanna start throwing threats around like that, start with me! I'm done with your bullshit! I'll finish this here and now!" I stated.

"Kokichi, what are you talking about?!" Shuichi said. "Don't be stupid! We gotta get outta here!" Kaito stated. 

"No! I'm done running from this asshole! If he wants to finish this, he has to start with me! After all, he chose me to start over those timelines with. I made all of this possible! If he has anyone to blame, its me!" I stated. I looked back to the bear. "So come at me!" I snapped.

"With pleasure!" Monokuma roared. He lunged from his seat, and towards me, teeth bared and claws out. 

"KOKICHI NO!" Gonta cried. "KOKICHI!" Shuichi cried.

Monokuma was just inches away from me though, claws just about to touch my face....

Then a bright pink aura surrounded my body, and suddenly a force field had covered me, and sent him flying. He crashed right back into his throne. "Ugh....what?" He quickly sat up. "What the hell was that?!" he cried. The aura glowed brighter, making my hair flying around a bit. I could feel my eyes change color....into a bright pink color.