Chapter 37

Immediately, Korekiyo looked right at me. "Kokichi, what is this? What is happening here? We all agreed to vote for Kiibo, did we not?" he asked. "Wrong. You guys agreed to vote for Kiibo....but I didn't." I stated. "I don't understand...." Tsumugi said.

"Allow me to explain. Listen....I wasn't about to have Monokuma have his way. We worked so hard to keep each other safe and sound in this timeline. Yes, he restarted this timeline so I could make things interested for him. He made sure I was the only person with memories of the old game. I don't know why....but I wanted to stop the killing game. To prevent any deaths from occurring."

"So I did what I could keep us close. The closer friends we became, the more likely chances of us to not betray each other. And it worked. We all became close friends. Somehow....I even grew close to all of you..." I said.

"Kokichi, are you being serious? This isn't a joke?" Rantaro asked. "It's not. I seriously tried to save you guys. But....the moment we tried to escape, everything fell apart. I was forced to tell the truth, and once again, you guys would hate me again. How could I lead us out like that when you didn't trust me anymore? So....there was a moment when I gave up. I pretended to be who I was before. The villain."

"But after hearing about the sacrifice....I couldn't bare the thought of losing any of you. Not even Kiibo, which by the way, you're not just a robot. You're trusted friend here. And that's the truth." I stated.

"Kokichi...." Kiibo said, looking at me in disbelief. Everyone just stared at me wide eyed, caught completely off guard. Kaito especially seemed shocked.

"So, I went to change things. I broke into the trial room last night. And I used Miu's tools and lap top to hack into the voter machines. It wouldn't have mattered who you selected as a sacrifice....the computer would've confirmed that you selected me." I stated. "No way, but then....y-you're sacrificing yourself?!" Himiko cried.

"I am." I replied, a smile spreading across my face. 

"....no! That not fair!" Gonta suddenly cried. I looked over to him. Tears streamed down his cheeks, and he glared at me. "You should've told all of us! We could've helped you some how! G-Gonta could've been sacrifice instead! No one else needs to die! How can you be so mean?!" he cried, gripping onto his trial chair tightly. I smiled.

"You're right. How could I have been so cruel as to not let my best friend sacrifice himself?" I said. Gonta looked at me with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry, buddy. But I couldn't let that happen to my best friend. Or to anyone I cared about...and I care about you all." I stated. I felt so much better. For once, I was unloading the truth. They can know the real me. It didn't matter if I was about to be executed....I was gonna save them.

"You guys just do your best to get out of this place. Before it eats you alive....like it did to me. I'm not asking for your forgiveness. Not after everything I've done....having Gonta kill Miu, getting Kaito to kill me, for lying all this time....I don't deserve forgiveness." I replied. 

"Kokichi...." Shuichi murmured. 

"This isn't fair! You can't be serious about this!" Kaede cried. "This isn't right! We can't let this happen!" Himiko stated. "I do not like this one bit!" Angie stated. Gonta looked to Monokuma, who was oddly quiet.

"Monokuma please! Spare Kokichi! Gonta doesn't want Kokichi to die! Please! You can't-"

However....Monokuma suddenly burst into laughter, startling us all. We all looked to him, greatly disturbed. What the....why is he laughing like that? What's so funny? The fact that I'm about to die? It took a minute for Monokuma to finally calm down.