Chapter Six

I didn't even make it to the stall. I collapse onto the bathroom floor in a public place and cried. I lean against the wall and pull my knees close to my chest.

I'm not exactly sure how long I'm in there before I here a knock on the door. Yes, a knock on the door of a public bathroom. Obviously this stupid person knows nothing about life.

"Hey, if you don't come out, I'm coming in," a familiar voice says from the other side.

I don't make any effort to get off the bathroom floor. About two two minutes later I see a curly headed boy peeking into the woman's bathroom.

"Ashton, what the hack are you doing in here?" I smile through my tears.

He comes and sites down beside me. "Well, right now I wondering why your crying. I can take you home. That's not a problem, and you can totally hang out with me and my friends."

"My friends and I," I correct him lightly.

"Whatever, Rosie." I immediately take a liking to my new nickname. No one has called me that before.

"I'm sorry for what she said," I mumble quietly. "That was horrible."

"Yeah, but that's Heather. That has nothing to do with you. So why exactly are you crying," he asks wiping a few away with his thumb and leaving a warm sensation long after he has moved his hand away.

"I don't know."

"You're lying."

I stick my head between my knees so he won't see me cry again. "I just can't, if I tell you, then you won't treat me the same."

"Rosie, that's not true. I'm not like that." All I can do is shake my head. "How about you come to my band practice and meet my friends?"

I look up, "I don't even know you."

"Nope. But you didn't know Heather either and you're living with them," he shoots back swiftly.

I smile, "Very good point. Lead the way young lad."