Chapter Four

We had already exited the plane and I was now standing six feet away from a very gross reunion scene. I personally think I am going to throw up.

"The car is right over there," Madison stated when they were done doing whatever that was. "I think all your bags should fit."

We packed light to come to Australia, until they get married and we buy a larger house all of my stuff will not fit. I only brought what I had to have and that was still three bags worth.

I walked over to the shiny Volvo SUV and started placing my things into the trunk. I walked over to dad and grabbed his giant sized suitcase and I put it in there too.

"This is a nice car," Dad chirped as we got into the car.

Madison shrugged her shoulders. "It's a crossover."

They kept rambling on about some sort of car thing and something about dinner so I tuned them out. I watched the scenery whip by and I swear when I say that everything here is so exotic.

"Rose. Rosalie!" My dad said from the front of the car.

"Yes, Dad?"

"Did you hear what Madison said?"

I looked expectantly at the brown haired lady driving the car. "That's your new high-school." She smiled joyfully.

I looked at the large brick building as we past and I couldn't help but think of all the ways it resembled a prison. "Cool." I muttered quietly.

About ten minutes later we drove up to an elaborate two story house. It had rose bushes in the front yard and the grass was perfectly cut.

Dad managed to get everything out of the car and we walked up to the stairs. Right before Madison had the chance to open the door, it swung open.

"Mom! Philip!" A joyous girl shouted flinging her arms around my dads neck.

I backed up a little because people, who I don't know, hugging my dad, is what got us here in the first place and I can just feel the problems radiating off this girl.

"This is my daughter, Heather. Heather this is Rose," Madison said as she made her way in the door.

Smiling proudly Heather says, "I've heard so much about you."

"Wish I could say the same," I said smoothly, looking very pointedly at my father.

Madison glanced up the stairs then down at my four bags. "Heather, would you help Rose get her things up the stairs?"

"Of course!" Heather piped.

How is this dang family so upbeat?

"This is your room," Heather stated after we had climbed up all these stairs. I glanced around.

"I think this is better than the one I used to have," I mumbled "and I had a balcony and a walk in closet."

The room was two parts. It had a bottom floor with a bed and a dresser. There was a beautifully made white rug on the floor and a huge window at the back that showed a perfect golf course. Then off to the right I found a staircase leading up to a small room that had no windows, only lamps. It hung over the larger room and it had a railing so you could see everything going on down there but you couldn't fall.

"Yeah, do you like it?" Heather asked carefully.

Unfortunately, I had to tell the truth. "I love it," I smiled brightly.

The next thing to be seen was a giant hug from Heather that nearly gave me a heart attack. Man that girl can move fast.

"It's almost dinnertime. I was thinking after you unpack and eat and stuff maybe tomorrow I could show you around. This place is pretty awesome." Heather said, her voice coming off heavy with an Australian accent.

I laughed. "Yeah, sure, what could it hurt?"

She smiled and was about to walk out of the room when she stopped dead in her tracks and turned around. "I'm glad your here, Rose."

I smiled lightly. "Thanks, Heather."