Chapter Three

The next week went by in a blur of happiness, swimming, shopping and packing. The next thing I knew I was in the center of the biggest hug the California airport has ever seen about to board a plane and fly straight to my biggest nightmare.

"My mascara is basically looking identical to a ink spill." Jennifer laugh jokingly.

Kimberly squeezes tight, "I don't know what I'm going to do without you!"

"Well we better not have to wait to long. I expect to be privately flown down so I can get the feel of the Australian boys down there." Steph states matter-of-factly.

I just smile. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much."

"Sweetheart, we really have to go. The plane isn't waiting on us, you know." My dad says quietly from behind our little gathering.

"I wish it would leave," I whisper quietly and I am echoed with light laughter form my miss matched group of friends.

"I love you," we say in perfectly unison. We squeeze one last hug and then we laugh through our tears and I walk away from my friends, my very best friends, not knowing when I will see them again.

Slowly I make my way to the plane and climb the stairs to first class. I swig the arm chair down and plug my ear buds into my phone. I quickly switch to my mixed playlist and hear some old song by Miley Cyrus.

Slowly I am finally able to fall asleep and I dream about the perfect Green Day song and an elaborate Katy Perry themed music video because that just describes my jacked up life.