Chapter Thirty

After everyone left, and I had recovered from what happened between Michael and Ashton, I decided to go out to the backyard and hang for a bit.

I was getting a bikini on when my phone buzzed with a text from my dad. 'B home soon, missin u.' Obviously he wasn't missing me to bad if he didn't take the time to spell everything out.

My house suddenly felt very lonely and I decided to fulfill my promise to Ashton. I dialed his number and he answered on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Ash."

"Rosie. What's up?"

"Wanna come hang out with me?"

"Obviously," I heard shuffling in the background. "What are we gonna do?"

"I was gonna tan and listen to Pandora, but we don't have to do that."

"You half naked, music, and beach towels? I'm in," he laughed. "Will there be food?"

"I can come up with something."

"Then I'm on my way. See you in like five minutes."

I hung up the phone and shuffled around my house trying to get everything ready. I tripped up the stairs because I was rushing to get towels and my phone amplifier.

I had just finished getting all of the food into sections, the towels laid out, and the music set up when I heard a ring go through the house. I run to the door and took two deep breaths before I finally came face to face with Ashton.

He had on red and black swimming trunks and a Green Day t-shirt. His curly dirty blond hair was pulled back with a red bandana and his smile was framed by his perfect dimples. I could help but feel dull compared to him.

"You didn't forget," Ashton said, stepping into the house.

I laughed remembering our conversation from earlier. "I promised I wouldn't."

"Well, shall we get this party started?"

I started towards my back door. "Paradise awaits."