Chapter Thirty-One

Ashton had been at my house all day and we still hadn't done much of anything. We listened to every one of my CDs and he promised to take me to his job and let me have the employee discount on whatever I wanted. We had eaten everything that I had made and currently we were laying down on the couch because we had both grown tired of the towels.

My head was resting lazily on the arm rest and my eyes were trained on the ceiling. I looked over to Ashton who had his legs kicked up onto the coffee table and was watching some tv show on the flatscreen.

My mind raked with what he had said to Michael earlier before I stepped between them. Does Ashton like me, or was that just in the heat of the moment that he said that? I was building up my confidence when he turned and caught me looking.

He flashed me his perfect dimples with ease and watched as I sat up. "We should probably get some dinner. Do you want me to call in some pizza or something?"

"That's fine."

"What do you want on it?" He asked pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"I love everything so get whatever."

He nodded his head and was about to dial the number when I interrupted him. "What are you doing tomorrow?"

"I don't know. Isn't you dad coming home?"

"Yeah but I have to work and if you did too then I was just gonna ask you to take me. Saves gas," I shrugged.

"Yeah, I'll take you."

"Do you work?"

"No, I'm on vacation. I get the whole week off."

"Then I'll just drive."

"But I want to take you," he pouted.

"But I have to be there at seven in the morning."

"I still want to take you," he rolled his eyes.

I decided that I needed to know if he liked me or if I was just hallucinating, so I started talking. "Ashton, I need to ask you something."

"What's up?" Ashton replied scrunching his eyebrows together and turning so I had his full attention.

I took a deep breath and let all of the words fall out. "Do you like me?" I looked down into my lap as I said the words, suddenly embarrassed by them. Why would I ask that? If he did then he would've already said something. "Never mind, that was a stupid question."

I looked up into Ashton's confused eyes. "Why would that be a stupid question?"

I laughed dryly. "Because you defiantly don't like me. It was dumb for me to even think so." I clamped my mouth shut. Why did I have to tell him everything?

"No it's not," he replied shortly.

"It's not?"

He wrapped his arms around me and hesitantly brought me to him. I could feel his heartbeat in my ear and I defiantly liked it. "Of corse I like you," Ashton whispered. "I mean I almost killed Michael because I thought he was with you. Did you think I did that with anyone he dated?"

"I just didn't think you would do that because of me-"

Ashton cut me off. "You don't realize how amazing you are. Do you?"

I laughed at his remark and reluctantly pulled away from him. "What are you talking about?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"Never mind," he mumbled pulling me back to him as if it was my place to be. I liked the way he rubbed circles on my back and I liked the way we fit together. I liked the way he held me protectively and most of all I liked Ashton.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•--•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-
A/N

So I don't like doing authors notes because your reading this to read the book not read me talking but this is super important.

I want to that omgmorganoomg for being my co-editor. She reads all of this before I post and gives me ideas and this book would suck without her.

I also wanna thank Tightnbright for being amazing and supporting my book. Your just flipping amazing. She is also a good writer so check out her books. They are like my life right now.

Anyway thanks so much for reading this lovelies. This book has 705 reads and I can't thank you enough for that.

Live life better than anyone before you. -Karmen