Chapter Twenty-Five

I felt my heart stop and I looked down at our still intertwined fingers. "Um, Michael," stammered. "I, um, don't take this the wrong way but I don't really have those same feelings for you. I don't know if you remember about three minutes ago we were talking about Ashton and how I kinda like him. So I don't really think this is going to-"

"Rose, stop." Michael said laughing. "I don't like you. I mean, not like that. Your one of my closest friends. All I want is to make Ashton admit he has a crush."

"Has he never had one before?" I ask getting nervous. What if he doesn't like me and Michael is just mistaken? What if I'm actually falling for him and he doesn't like him? Oh My God. What if I am falling for Ashton?!?

Michael was unfazed by my enteral break down. "Well, he dated this girl named Piper for a while but she dumped him and doesn't live around here anymore. She asked him out and she broke it off so I don't know if you could call that a crush."

I shook my head. "That's it? One girl?"

Michaels thought for a minute. "Yep."

"Michael! There is no way he likes me. You wouldn't even know if he did. I can't believe you would tell me he does and then make me admit to you that I might actually like him just for him to not like me at all!" I ranted.

"He does like you. I swear. And I can prove it. If we make him jealous then he will say something to me. He'll probably come and talk to me about it and try and get me to understand. I know Ashton."

"No. There is no way Ashton likes me, can we just leave it at that?"

"Nope," he replied popping the P.

I sighed loudly. "I am not going to try and make this boy jealous. That's wrong and it'll just hurt me."

Michael turned so he could completely see me again and looked at me seriously. "You like him right?" I thought about it and started to speak when Michael said. "Yes or No."

I had to be honest with myself and with Michael, but I was still surprised when my head nodded yes.

"Then we need to make him realize how much he likes you, and the best way to do that is jealousy."

I fumbled with my fingers before finally speaking. "What exactly do you plan on doing to make him jealous?"

"The only way I can think of that will defiantly work is you getting a boyfriend."

"But that defeats the whole purpose,"
I argued. "And I could never use someone like that."

"Then we will just have to pick someone who knows the plan, can go along with it, and knows Ashton well enough to be able to tell if it's working."

"And where are we gonna find a guy like that?"

"Your looking at him."