Chapter Fifty-Three

I made the girls leave soon after the whole Haley ordeal because I really couldn't deal with anything else, including talking about my problems.

Instead of moping around like I had originally planned, I made my way upstairs and got semi-ready. I was wearing sweatpants and one of Ashton's old t-shirts that I didn't have the heart to throw away.

I was just about to go downstairs and fix some dinner when I heard my phone vibrating. When I walked over to answer my heart skipped a beat and I got excited for the first time all day. It wasn't Ashton but at least they hadn't all forgotten about me.

"Hey Mikey!"

"Hey Rose!" He replied with just as much enthusiasm.

I laughed and he laughed with me and that's basically how our conversation went until he asked me a real question.

"Listen, I called you because Ashton has been a little... moody... lately and I was just wondering what was going on with him.

"I don't know, we aren't dating anymore actually," I said quietly feeling tears brimming my eyes.

"Your not what?" Michael screamed into my ear. I heard him curse under his breath and then pull away from his phone. "Luke Hemmings, get your ass in here," I heard him yell.

"Guys, it isn't that big of a deal," I sniffled.

"Obviously it's a big deal or you wouldn't be crying. What happened?" Luke's nice voice came through the phone after Michael repeated what I had said.

After facetiming Michael and Luke I told them the entire story and that I was upset and made a stupid rash decision that I shouldn't have made.

They didn't say a word throughout my entire confession and I heard some shuffling and it wasn't from them.

"Michael what's going on?" I heard Calum's hushed tone behind Michael and Luke.

"Guys, where did all of you go?" I heard Ashton's angelic voice sounding drained and it sent me over the edge. I cried hard and had to tell them goodbye because I couldn't let him see me upset over our breakup.

With that I slept and I didn't do much else for the next four weeks. Everyday was basically the same and all I did was go to work, worry about my father, and mope around because of Ashton.