Chapter Thirty-Two

I woke to my bedroom light turning on and in sudden contrast to the dark night, it was a huge surprise. I sat straight up and looked around. I was met with Ashton's shining eyes and an easy smile.

"I'm gonna head home," he said quietly.

"What time is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"One-thirty," Ashton laughed.

"You could just stay here," I started. "It's not like I mind."

"You have to go to work."

"And you have to take me. I could get up and get ready then you drive us over to the mall."

Ashton paused as if he were thinking about it. "Alright," he replied slowly.

He turned to head downstairs and I couldn't help the words that fell out of my mouth. "You don't have to go."

"I'll be right downstairs," Ash replied over his shoulder.

"But you could just stay up here with me," this caught his attention and he turned around. I moved over and patted the space beside me, indicating him to sit.

"Are you sure?"

I smiled. "Absolutely."

I watched Ashton move beside me and felt him instinctively wrap his arm around me. I fell asleep resting my head on the edge of his chest.

I'm not sure what's going on between Ashton and me but I know that I'm starting to like it.

-

I woke laying in my bed completely alone. I stayed there remembering everything and realizing that Ashton should be next to me. Before the thought had even fully processed I heard my door slowly open.

"Rosie, you have to get up," I heard Ashton's deep voice slowly say as he quietly walked towards me, thinking I was asleep. "Gah, your so cute," he mumbled under his breath.

I giggled lightly and moved up into a sitting position. "Why, thank you."

"How long have you been up?" Ashton said obviously surprised and blush was creeping up his cheeks from his previous comment.

"Just a couple of minutes, where have you been?"

"Downstairs talking to Madison. I told you she isn't all that bad. I'm not sure where Heather gets it from. He whispered. I suddenly remembered that I had just woke up and tried to fix my hair into a presentable style.

"Whatever," I mumbled to Ashton and began getting frustrated with my hair. I rolled out of bed and walked over to my bathroom with Ashton on my heels. I rummaged around brushing my teeth and fixing my hair. I tried makeup but only got mascara on before giving up and simply closing the door on Ashton so I could slide on my work clothes that Michael had presented me with the last time I saw him.

As I opened the door I noticed a couple of things. I noticed the way all the lights in the room were off but Australian light still flowed in, I noticed the way Ashton was sitting on my bed and I noticed how excited he was.

"What up?" I asked leaning up against the door to my bathroom.

He looked at me, his dimples framing his face, "We got booked!"

"Huh?" I asked obviously confused as I took a seat beside him.

"Luke just texted me and he told me that we got booked for a cafe or something."

"That's wonderful, Ashton," I exclaimed giving him a hug that he quickly returned. "Let's go."

"Oh yeah, your gonna be late for work," he said sounding slightly disappointed. As I quickly slipped into my shoes Ashton grabbed my wrist and easily intertwined our fingers pulling me down the stairs after him.