Chapter Thirty-Nine

All of the parents went out to have some after party at a bar but Ashton is the only one thats eighteen so the rest of us couldn't get in and, because he's super sweet, Ashton suggested we all go to Michael's house and have our own semi-party in his garage.

Instead of them all playing some music like we all suspected, Ashton and I walked in to the sound of 'Stella' by All Time Low playing through some speakers. Michael had hooked his phone up to a sound system and was playing everything he had.

Calum and Haley were off in a corner talking and I could tell Haley was getting frustrated with the topic. I was just about to step in and save her when Laurie walked up behind me and taped my shoulder.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked lightly.

"Sure?" I answered but it sounded more like a question.

I followed behind Laurie to a couch that was far enough away from everyone so we were excluded and no one could hear us. I crossed my legs and turned to Laurie. She had dark wavy hair and gorgeous brown eyes. I would actually understand if Ashton chose her over me, the girl was gorgeous, but that didn't mean I was going to let it happen without a fight.

"I don't have any type of feelings for Ashton," Laurie said.

"Wow this must be heart-to-heart day," I mumbled. "What do you mean Laurie?" I asked slightly louder.

"I mean," she started. "I grew up with Ashton so we are pretty close but I'm also a girl so I know when someone doesn't like me because of a boy and I'm not going to just let you hate me. I have no feelings like that for Ashton. He is only my friend and nothing else, I find you two super cute and I don't want you going around hating me." When Laurie was talking to me, I felt like she was so much older and wiser, like she was thirty instead of eighteen.

"Okay, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, that was my fault. Your just so close to him and I basically just met him."

"But your falling for him, right?"

"Completely," I whispered. I turned to see Ashton already looking at me and shot him a wink before returning to Laurie. "Thank you, for this," I said gesturing between us.

"Anytime."

I smiled and got up about to turn and walk to Ashton when I saw Haley rush out of the house crying. I turned to ️Morgan raising my eyebrows at her and nodding when she motioned toward the direction Haley had came from. I headed toward the back room of the garage as Morgan rushed after Haley.

As soon as I got to the room, I understood. Calum was sitting in a chair at the back of the room taping his foot on the floor with a wide smile on his face.

"I told her I have feelings for someone else," he told me.

"I don't understand why your smiling."

"Because I've finally gotten rid of her."

-

After all of the events of the day, Ashton and I were sitting on the railing my back porch. He was supposed to just be dropping me off but my dad left for his honeymoon and I really didn't want to be alone in this house. Heathers never here but thats a blessing really.

I had my head leaning on his shoulder and our tangled fingers were resting on his leg. I could hear his softly humming a song that the boys had recently, everything about this moment was perfect.

"Rosie," Ashton whispered.

"Mmhhhmmm?"

"I need to ask you something."

I reluctantly lifted my head and turned to give Ashton my full attention.

"I don't want us to end up like Calum and Haley but we will if we don't both know what we want and what each other wants."

"Then what do you want, Ashton?"

"I want to be able to say to everyone that they can't have you, I want to be able to be there when you need me and I want us to be a real thing," he paused. "I want you to be my girlfriend, Rosie."

I could feel my face light up but the tears still formed in my eyes. "Are you sure because I'm not the easiest person to get along with sometimes and-"

I was cut off by Ashton's soft lips on mine. He pulled back then said, "I need a yes or a no."

"Defiantly a yes," I mumbled pulling his face back to mine.