Chapter Fourty-Nine

The next three days flew by. Ashton and I spent every second together and to me that was pure happiness but every time I would really began to enjoy it I would remind myself that he's leaving and everything came crashing down around me. I kept myself together though, for his sake. I didn't cry, I only smiled. He would be okay, we would be okay. That's what I had to keep telling myself to be able to keep moving.

Those three days were like a movie, they were cliché and prefect and I wish I could have really made them count, but I couldn't. I really should have and miss it, especially now that I'm standing outside the airport.

I'm hand in hand with Ashton and his mom is on the other side of him. The other boys have already said their goodbyes and there were tears, but not me, I couldn't do it. Crying would be like giving in, it would be like giving up and I couldn't do that. I couldn't lose anyone else.

Ashton released my hand after squeezing it and turned to hug his mother. I felt awkward so I was just about to go find Morgan when I was spun around and wrapped into a bear hug. Ashton's scent engulfed me and his arms kept me steady as the tears started to fall.

Ashton pulled back just enough to look me in the eyes. "Hey, baby don't do that," he smiled as he whipped my tears away. "I'll be back before you know it."

"You'll be gone longer than we've even been together," I said with my voice shaking. I promised myself I wouldn't do this. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I said shaking my head and trying to back away.

"Don't be, Love. Everything will be okay. I'll call you every night and if anything happens you can call, unless I'm in the middle of the show, I'll answer." He said bringing his hand to cup my face.

"Okay."

"Okay."

Ashton pulled me close and standing right there in the airport, in front of his mother, in front of the flight attendants and in front of his whole band who were obviously peeking out the windows, Ashton Fletcher Irwin kissed me like it would be the last kiss he ever got. He kissed me like we were never going to see each other again. He kissed me like no one was watching and I loved every second of it.

Everyone else in the room blurred out and the only thing I could focus on was Ashton until he pulled away only to bring me back to him in a hug.

"Ashton," Luke said looking sorry that he had to come outside and interrupt Ashton's goodbyes. "Your gonna miss the flight."

"Right, right." Ashton said snapping out of his daze. "I'll be right there."
He then turned to me and ran his thumb across my cheek pushing all the tears aside. He kissed my forehead lightly then looked me dead in the eye. "I'll call you as soon as I get there. I'll miss you so much, baby."

I pulled myself up so that I had my hands hooked around his neck and we were pulled together. "I'll miss you more."

"Not possible." He turned. "I have to get in the plane," he said making sure I was steady on the ground before picking up his bag and kissing me again. "I'll talk to you soon."

"Alright, bye Ash."

"Goodbye, my Rosie."

I smiled and watched as he walked up the plane stairs and they closed the doors behind him. That's when I really broke down, completely forgetting the windows and that Ashton could probably still see me, I sank to my knees on the dirty concrete floor forgetting everything except Ashton and that I missed him and that I was sure now. I was one hundred percent sure that the dumb, giggly boy who came into the girls bathroom that very first day, the one who has curly uncontrollable hair and snuck out to come to my house at the earliest in the morning and the guy who just boarded a plane and wasn't coming back for three months was the boy that I, with all of my heart, loved and I didn't even get to tell him that before his plane was in the air and gone.