Chapter Eight

The next morning I woke up to a bright light gleaming through the opened blinds. As my eyes adjusted I had a full on heart attack. "What the heck?!?" I screamed to the intruder that was leaning over my bed.

"Morning, Rose," Heather chirped lightly. Her dark brown hair was straitened and her dark eyes were trained on me.

"My I please ask why you are in my room," I asked with a swing in my voice.

She smiled falsely and turned to the bedroom door. "I was just going to let you know that breakfast is ready. We are having pancakes, mom makes the best ones in town."

I rolled over so that it looked like I was going back to sleep. "Well thanks for being ever so nice," I replied sarcastically before pulling the cover around my shoulders.

After I heard the door click, indicating the she-devil had returned to her marvelous life, I flung my legs out of bed and walked over to my newly filled closet.

I picked out my favorite pair of jeans and a causal shirt. After I stuck them onto my body, I brushed through my bed-head.

I walked slowly down the stairs, trying to delay any encounter with Heather, and when I finally got to the bottom I was hit with a wave of pancakes so strong I nearly went back up. I strode into the kitchen and sat down at the dinning room table. Why in the heck does a two person family have a dinning room table the size of a swimming pool? That's just wasteful.

After choking down the rest of Madison's cooking I announced that I was going to find a job today.

"That's a wonderful idea," my dad exclaimed. "You can make friends and have something to do all day."

"I think it's absurd," Heather jumped in. "We have to much money and status to have to put up with a job." I glared at her and she quickly shut up.

"I'm going to the mall to put in some applications," I said quietly as I stood up.

My dad quickly thew his keys at me. "I don't think I'll need these," he said as he got up from the table also.

I hopped up the stairs and smeared makeup on my skin. After I was satisfied with my look, I grabbed my things and walked out to the car.