Chapter Thirty-Three

After a long freaking day at work, Ashton was waiting outside the door as I walked out.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" He asked gently. I simply smiled and nodded my head, wishing he would hold my hand again.

"I actually am supposed to meet Madison at the bridesmaids store to get fitted for my for my dress," I said suddenly remembering.

"For the wedding," Ashton said knowingly. "Then I'll walk you there and then take you home."

"Um Ashton," I started hesitantly. "Do you think we could go somewhere else. Like other than my place?"

"Why?"

"I just can't deal with Madison and my Dad right now," I replied staring at the floor.

Ashton bumped my shoulder. My eyes met his and he smiled widely. "We could go hang out at my place if you want. We have band practice tonight and you could come. Haley won't be there, though."

"That's fine," I smiled.

"And it'll actually be at Calum's."

"I thought it was always at Michael's house," I said slightly confused.

"Usually it is but their house is getting sprayed for bugs or something. We just can't be there. So we are gonna practice at Calum's."

"What about your drums?"

"I have a little one that I can carry from place to place."

"I nodded my head, finally satisfied with his answers and continued to make my way to the dress store.

-

"Heather wasn't even there," I told Ashton while we were in the car on the way to his house.

He glanced over at me. "Why not?"

"She had a party to go to," I said back in my best imitation of Heather.

Ashton laughed at my attempt and my eyes went to my lap. I can't believe they are actually going through with this. Getting married and everything. I actually thought that I would be back home for my senior year.

Ashton must have noticed how upset I was getting because he scooped my hand out of my lap and tangled our fingers together. "Everything is going to be fine," he said quietly. "You'll have me, the boys, Haley and Morgan the whole time. You'll get through this."

"Do you promise you'll never leave me, Ashton?" I said my voice shaky and quiet.

"I promise."