Chapter Fifty-Four

After a month Piper managed to make me go out to a concert that she had won four tickets to. So, I got ready carefully and picked myself up enough to be able to have a good time.

When we got there I didn't pay much attention to the people around us and was more focused on the act onstage. They didn't suck and I thought I might have a good time at this concert.

When the acts changed I was surprised to find that they were only opening for the other band. I was ready to see the main part of the concert because the beginning was so good but I wasn't prepared to see a shaggily curled, very light brown haired, boy walk up on stage with a pair of drumsticks in hand.

I saw the boy with the bass and the two guitarist but I couldn't keep my focus on anyone but the boy behind the drums. I could tell Piper was staring at Morgan and I and was ready to hold me down if I made a run for it but that wasn't going to happen because I was too weak to move.

They boys introduced themselves and I saw Ashton scanning the crowd, all of them were. I watched as he adjusted his dark blue bandana and I smiled when he finished the first song but Ashton didn't.

He shook his head and stood up from behind the drums. I watched him walk around and whisper something into Michael's ear to which the colored haired boy smiled and took the acoustic guitar from around his neck and gave it to Ashton.

No one was looking at me anymore, every single one of my friends and everyone in the audience was surprised and confused by what was happening onstage.

Ash took long strides and made his was up to center stage, the place that Luke was supposed to be. When he finally got there we all saw Luke point directly to our section in the back. Everyone in the crowd was looking around, trying to find the people they were pointing at but I wasn't paying them any attention.

My eyes were locked with Ashton's and they stayed that way even when he started strumming the guitar. He played a song that brought tears to my eyes and that described our entire relationship perfectly. He introduced it as, "A song that he recently wrote and will never be able to forget."

To this day I can still hear his voice, singing to me without any back up and only Michael's guitar as an instrument.

"For a while we pretended
That we never had to end it
But we knew we'd have to say goodbye
You were crying at the airport
When they finally closed the plane door
I could barely hold it all inside

Torn in two
And I know I shouldn't tell you
But I just can't stop thinking of you
Wherever you are
You
Wherever you are
Every night I almost call you
Just to say it always will be you
Wherever you are"