Chapter Twenty-Eight

After having a very odd talk about whether or not he likes me, I came to the realization that he actually might have some feelings for me. I'm not sure if he likes me enough to care that I'm now 'dating' Michael but I guessed I would soon find out because I got a phone call midway through the conversation saying that Michael was coming over.

I figured if he had left band practice then everyone else would be coming too. So I got up and fixed some snacks for everyone. I thought that everything would work out perfectly and we would find out if Ashton even cared.

All my plans came crashing down when the boys got here and just as I suspected Michael had brought the other boys, except for Ashton. He was no where to be found.

Everyone stared laughing and talking and it was all very nice but I couldn't stop thinking about Ashton and how he might like me and he might not. I wondered about my dad and his trip, they are supposed to be getting back tomorrow but who knows.

My thoughts were interrupted by Luke getting a phone call. I tried ignoring the conversation but as soon as he said "oh hey Ashton" I perked up and turned to look at the blond haired boy from my position laying in Michael's lap.

"Yeah we are still here," Luke responded to Ashton. "Sounds cool. See you then."

Luke then turned to see not only me but every other person in the room staring at him. He let out a breathy laugh and shook his head before saying, "Ashton is on his way over."

We all nodded our heads and they went back into a deep conversation about who knows what. I tuned than all out until I heard the doorbell echo throughout the house. Morgan quickly jumped up and went for the door.

She returned with Ashton by her arm laughing about something she must have said. The moment he payed eyes on my I could feel the tension in the room increase and I wished that Haley, Luke, and Calum were in here but they all went out to the backyard to listen to music.

I watched as Ashton strode over to were I was sitting unsure of what he was going to do.