Chapter Fifty-One

I eventually ended up back at Morgans house, I've never actually been into the big brick building because we are always at band practice or my house so I was slightly nervous when I walked up the stairs to her front door.

Before I could even knock it was slung open to reveal Morgan's older brother, I forget his name, standing with his hand ruffling his own dirty-blond hair. He raised an eyebrow as if I was the weirdest thing to ever show up on his doorstep and then smiled as if he was going to say something important but I cut him off.

"Can I talk to Morgan?" He nodded his head, looking relived to not have to talk to me, and disappeared without a word back into the home.

The blond headed girl that I have come to know and love re-appeared at the door. "Rose? Have you been crying?" She asked stepping out her door. "What's going on?"

"My dads missing," I stuttered breaking out into tears again. I didn't know how else to tell her and I didn't know if I should actually be saying anything at all but I did anyway because I needed somebody and, as of now, she was the best and only thing I've got.

"What?" She questioned looked completely confused.

"My dad didn't come home and he wasn't with Madison. We don't know where he is and she's calling the police."

"Oh my God." Morgan uttered sitting me down on her steps. She held me for a long time, running her fingers through the back of my hair.

I finally got a phone call saying I needed to come down to the police station to answer some questions. I was just about to leave when Morgan called out, "You know the boys have a concert tonight but I'm sure Ashton could talk to you."

I turned and looked at her. "How do you know they have a concert?"

"Luke told me when we talked earlier." I nodded my head and made my way to my car.

-

I arrived at the police station and quickly answered every question I was asked. I rushed out of the black and blue building and dialed the number I had learned by heart.

"Hello?" I heard Ashton say on the second ring.

"Ash," I cried. "I don't know what to do."

"Baby, you have to calm down," he whispered.

"No you don't understand-"

"I know all about you dad," he cut me off. "Morgan told me, but I'm sure he is fine. Can we talk about this later? I have to go onstage." He was still whispering and it wasn't comforting, it sounded like he was ashamed to speak to me.

"What?" I whispered getting really upset.

"I'll call you later." He replied quickly sounding strained and annoyed.

"That's what you said when you left, but I haven't gotten one phone call from you." I started, my head hot with anger.

"I've been busy. We've all been busy."

"Well it just seems funny to me how Luke finds time for Morgan and her dad isn't missing and SHE didn't have answer a bunch questions that make it seem like he's dead. If you didn't want to do this Ashton you could have just said so. I didn't need you to feel sorry for me."

"What are you talking about?" Ashton started slowly, obviously confused and I think slightly hurt.

I sighed. "Obviously, we aren't gonna work out. You can't make time for me, you've kept things from me, and I have other things to worry about." I viciously whipped at the tears streaming down my face.

"What happened to your promise to trust me?" Ashton asked.

"What happened to your promise to never leave me?" I yelled, voice shaking. I remembered that day clearly, when I made him promise me. He wasn't to keen on keeping promises so why should I?

Ashton didn't reply so I did the last thing I ever wanted to, something that I would have never done if I wouldn't have been under so much stress. I took in a deep breath and said the words that I immediately wanted to take back.

I said, "Goodbye Ashton," and I hung up the phone.