Chapter Two

"Girls, you have company." I hear my dad shout from downstairs.

Steph and I look at each other. "Coming daddy," we call in unison. I could practically see my dad smile from up here. It really doesn't matter that she isn't his kid, she is our family.

I look around to see all that we've done in the past three hours. We have the bathroom packed, minus my straitener, toothbrush and other essentials for everyday use. We packed all the make-up that I won't be using daily, all my extra blankets and pillows, we packed a lot of my shoes and clothes but we still have like half a closet to go, and we packed my X-box, Playstation, and Wii along with all my games.

I can't decide if I like having all these nice things or if I would rather go back to the way it was before we moved to Laguna Beach, CA. Everything was so much simpler when my mom was alive. We lived in a three bedroom house and drove an old minivan. Everything was just easier.

Steph and I skipped down the stairs two at a time barefoot and in sweat pants. I don't care how many clothes I own, this is my favorite outfit and my favorite way to spend the day.

I hung to the banister so I wouldn't fall when I whipped around and flung myself to the front door. Standing there in her perfect all black attire was my lovely non-gothic Jennifer and in upbeat shades and the cutest shoes I'd ever seen was Kimberly.

"I have yet to figure out how you and your pale, blond self could go outside with no sunscreen on." I smiled happily as I hugged Kimberly tightly and linked arms with Jennifer.

I escorted them into the house and into the kitchen so I could make our signature Banana-Coffee split. We basically make a banana split but with coffee flavored ice cream instead of vanilla.

"I have decided something," Jennifer suddenly says, looking up from her iPhone. Everyone stops what we are doing and looks at her expectantly. "Summer is basically here and because we only have two days of school and all of us have finished our exams and don't have to actually pay attention when we go to school tomorrow, if all of us show up," she looks at Steph and I pointedly, "we should have a major sleepover tonight and tomorrow and finish packing so that our first week of summer can be spent together and without thinking about the upcoming move."

I look around at my best friends and all I can think is how much I love them and how they can never be replaced. I was just about to jump into a cheesy and truly pointless speech about friendship but lucky for them Kimberly cut me off. "Totally! I'm in."

"Yeah ditto to that. I think we should make this perf."

Everyone looked at me because at this point I'm the one leaving so my reaction is on top. I smile brightly. "Sleepover at my house," I scream very cliché like.

So we all ate our amazing ice cream inventions, ran up the stairs and started packing up my life into boxes, boxes, and more boxes.