Chapter Twenty-Two

(Ashton POV)
I pressed hard on the gas and swung out of the parking lot of the coolest mini golf place in Sydney. Leaning back and trying to relax I listened to Morgan and Rosie talk in the backseat.
"I totally would have won if Luke didn't cheat," Morgan said with irritation in her voice. After knowing her for years, I could tell she would only be mad at Luke until she saw him again. She had feelings for him and everyone knew it, except maybe her.
Rosie laughed, her voice coming off soft and like Christmas bells. "Whatever, Morgan. You were way behind and you would have lost wheather he cheated or not."
"Thats so untrue," Morgan replied stubbornly.
I laughed under my breath and shook my head. I needed to pay attention to the road or else I would scare Rosie and then she wouldn't ride with me again. I'm not sure why I cared so much but I didn't want her to be scared of me.
I felt hair brush across my arm and it left goosebumps on my skin. As I looked over to the figure leaning up into the middle of the seat I saw Rosie changing the radio station. "What are you doing," asked looking at her skeptically.
She smiled bightly at me and nudged my arm playfully. "I'm changing this crapy music," she said cheerfully.
Morgan laughed and I watched her shake her head in the rearveiw mirror. When I looked back over to Rosie she was deep in thought, swiching through radio stations at high speeds. Abrutly she stopped and leaned back with a smile on her face that made my heart stop. She met my eyes in the rearveiw mirror and smiled. "What?' I asked her.
"This is definatly my favorite song of all time," she exclaimed as 'Super Bass' by Nicky Minaj came blaring through my speakers.
"I thought you liked 'I Miss You' by Blink-182," I said remembering our game of 20 questions.
She looked at me and smiled. "Well I like a lot of songs," she said as she leaned back and sung along knowing every word.
I just smiled and looked at her. I didn't understand the chills that ran through me as I watched her so I just ignored them.
Morgan joined in and I rolled down the windows to let the summer breeze roll in. I hadn't seen Morgan this happy in a long time, not since her dad left for sure. I thought Rosie was having an effect on everyone, everyone but me that is. I'm completely the same.
-
We ended up back at Michael's place because we 'needed band practice' apparently. As we walked in the door to his garage Rosie tripped over something. I jerked to catch her before she face planted and we held there for a moment. Her with her eyes on mine and gripping my upper arms like they were a lifeline.
I smiled and steadied her on her feet before I let go. She smiled back and said a quick thank you, before turning and walking in the door, turning one to be sure I was following.
Having Rosie that close to me had sent chills up my spine and they didn't go away like they normally would with any other pretty girl.
I sat down on my stool that was positioned in front of my drum set. I was worried about our upcoming gig and whether or not I should invite Rosalie. I knew if I didn't someone would but I didn't like the idea of someone else asking her. It made my stomach seriously churn.
"Can you play something I haven't heard before?" A soft voice said from right behind my ear. I jumped at the sound and turned to see Rosie leaning over my shoulder.
I smiled up at her and laughed. "I'll send what I can do," I said to her with a wink.