Chapter Fifty-Six

I was shocked stiff. When I said I would talk to him, I meant tomorrow or the next day or never. There is no way I can just get over telling Michael everything and then try and talk to Ashton. My thoughts were interrupted by footsteps that stopped on the other side of the couch.

"Hey," Ashton said quietly.

"Hi." I rubbed my eyes, trying to rid the tears that I could already feel welling up.

"You could look at me," He said softly.

"No, I can't. You can sit down though."

He sat on the couch and turned so that he was facing me completely. "What are we doing? Why were we even fighting?"

"Because you never called me and I was stressed out and stupid," I mumbled and hoped he couldn't hear me.

"Hey," Ash said scooting closer. "You did nothing wrong. I should have called and I shouldn't have tried to put our gig before you."

"Why did you answer?"

"What?"

"Why did you bother answering the phone if you didn't want to talk to me?"

"Because I needed to hear your voice before my first concert. I needed you. I still need you."

I finally looked up and met his eyes. "I don't want to hold you back."

He slid all the way over and took my hands in his. "What are you talking about. You have never held me back. You have only pushed me forward and helped me do what I couldn't have done without you."

I smiled lightly. "Your so cheesy. You could have done all of that without me."

"But I wouldn't have been as happy. I can't even focus onstage anymore. I need you to keep me stable. I need you to keep me sane around all of those boys and I need you because my head won't function without you."

I was speechless. "I need you too. Your my everything, Ash."

"Then can we try this one more time because the last month has been a living hell without you."

"Can you promise me that I'm not holding you back?"

"Can you promise to trust me?"

"Yes."

"Then I promise you will never hold me back. You never have."

"I love you, Ashton." I said quietly, not know how I let the words slip out.

"I-I love you too, Rosie. I always have and I always will. You don't have to ever worry about that, baby."

"So we're trying this again?"

Ashton didn't say anything. He just smiled and pulled me to him so that he could press his warm lips, that I have missed so much, against mine.