Chapter Thirty-Seven

(Ashton POV)
As I swung out of the driveway, I looked over to Rosie. She was tapping on the floorboard rather quickly and I could tell she was nervous about the wedding. I didn't know how to explain what I was thinking so I just kept my mouth shut. Madison really isn't a bad person, it's just Heather. She was my babysitter when I was little, actually. She was pretty cool.

I don't know what I was thinking but I could tell that she was nervous and I hated seeing her so jittery, no matter how cute she is, so I reached over and intertwined our fingers pulling her over to me. She put her head on my shoulder and rested our hands on my leg.

"What am I gonna do, Ash?"

"I don't know," I said hounestly. "But I'm right here no matter what happens."

-

 When we got to the wedding, Rose had to leave really fast becasue she was almost late as it was. I wonder if she is thinking of this as a date, maybe I should ask her to dinner tonight. Whatever, she probably wouldn't even say yes. Who would? 

I walked onto the right side of the aisle and looked around for somewhere to sit. The first familar thing I saw was a black and white haired boy sitting in the dead center of the fourth row. I walked over to Michael and noticed Calum, Laurie and Haley were also there.

"Where's Luke and Morgan?" I asked sitting down and intertwining my fingers, resting my elbows on my knees. 

"Morgs wasn't ready or something," Calum mumbled not looking up from his phone.

Michael laughed and between gasps whispered, "She wasn't ready!!!!"

We all laughed in reponse and I made a circle with one hand and stuck one finger throguh it with the other. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Morgan with one hand on her hip. Luke was beside her sitting down with his hands holding his head.  

"You okay over there, Lukey?" Laurie asked holding back a laugh.

Luke looked up with a beet red face and immediatly dropped his head again to hide his face.

"Oh. My. God. Did yall actually do it?" Michael asked wide eyed.

I could see Lukes forhead get even brighter and looked up at Morgan just to see her face red too. She looked away and walked towards the aisle. "Um, I think I'm gonna go and see if Rose needs any help with her makeup or anything."

"Are you sure you don't want to take Luke with you? I'm sure you could find an empty bathroom somewhere," Michael laughed.

"Fuck you," Luke mumbled still hiding behind his hands.

-

Morgan had just walked back in and Calum was in the middle of saying something about a new cat that his mom had gotten Laurie as a surprise when we were interupted by a sudden change of music and the pastor and Rose's dad entering. He said some quick instruction and a prayer before continuing with the service.

We all stood and watched as the first pair walked in, I'm not sure who they were but I suspected they were related to Madison. After them Rose walked in, she was wearing a lavendar colored strappless dress and she looked drop dead gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off of her even as Heather walked in and then the music changed to the traditional bride song. 

Finally, I turned to see Madison walking in and she really did look stunning, she was very graceful as she walked down the aisle and she made it about three-quarters of the way down before she tripped over her dress. Everyone gasped and she fell out of her trance, Madison looked around, obviously embarrassed, before turned and rushing out of the room.

I looked up and caught Roses eye before she looked over to her dad and saw how upset and confused he looked. She turned to Heather just long enough to hand off her flowers and winked at me. Rose then turned and ran beautifully out of the room, following Madisons trend.