Chapter Twelve

I walked into the pizza parlor thinking everything really is different than America. "This place smells so good," I breathed out the words before sucking in another deep breath.

Michael laughed. "Americans are so weird."

He led us over to a table in the far back, close to the end of the building. I chose a seat beside of Haley because truthfully Morgan scares me a little.

Luke ordered for all of us before turning to me. "Well, as a group, we have decided you are pretty cool," as he talked I thought about his words... 'As a group?' That sounded like a gang. Holy crap are they a gang. I do not kill people in my spare time. Robbing banks is not something I would be good at.

As I looked around at all of them I thought about it. I don't think Calum could rob anything and honestly Michael seemed pretty clumsy. I don't know much about Haley but Ashton, Luke and Morgan seemed like they could be up to anything.

"Hello, Earth to Rosie," Aston called from across from me.

I blinked a couple of times and shook my head. "Hmmmm," I said expertly. "I'm sorry. I zoned out."

"I said, we all think your cool and all but all we really know about you is that you hate Heather and are living with Madison," Luke repeated.

I narrowed my eyes. "Well I know even less about you," I replied pointedly.

I heard a bell of laughter and turned to see Morgan's blond hair swinging around. "I told you I liked this girl," she said to the rest of the table.

Luke rolled his eyes and looked back at me. "Fine, touché."

"Well I'm Michael, I'm sixteen. I grew up here, and my birthday is November twentieth. I have black and red hair and I'm single," he shot me a wink with the last part and I'm pretty sure Ashton kicked with under the table because Ashton jerked and Michael flinched.

I laughed at his introduction and looked to Haley as she started talking. "I'm Haley," she said calmly, "I'm sixteen and I'm the one who got us the free tickets into the fair because I work there, and I'm not single." She was holding Calum's hand above the table and two and two equals four so it took me about two point three milliseconds to figure out who the other part of her love life was. "I grew up here too, so we all pretty much grew up together, except Morgan. Oh and my birthday is May twenty-fifth."

"I'm Calum. I'm sixteen and I am not Asian," everyone laughed at his comment. "I am also, obviously, not single and I'm in a band." Once again everyone laughed.

"I'll go next," Luke said looking just past my head at our waitress coming back with our pizzas. I took a sip of my Dr. Pepper and then directed my attention to Luke. "I'm Luke, I'm sixteen and, unless you beat me out, I'm the youngest at this table. I apparently take forever to take a shower," he said looking very pointedly at Michael. "I'm single-"

"Wait, what?" I interrupted. "Did you just say your single?" I looked at Morgan and then back at Luke who had turned noticeably red.

"Yes, I am," he said while running a hand through his hair. I shook my head in a method that indicated that I understood. "And my birthday is July sixteenth."

"I'm Morgan," the blond head said carefully. "I'm sixteen and I am also single. I actually didn't live here originally. I moved to Sydney from Cowes, Australia after my fifth year. I play volleyball and I'm the best person to ever play in Australia just so you know. My birthday is August twenty-ninth. When I graduate I want to move the heck out of this place and find somewhere decent to live. Also, I eat only cheese on my pizza," when she said the last part she looked at Luke with narrow eyes.

"That leaves me," Ashton said so I jerked my attention to him and from the oddly dark girl with the bright hair. "I'm Ash. I am also in a band and I play the drums." I shake my head at his crazy description of himself. "My birthday is July seventh. I'm single as well because Calum is the only one out of all of us who had the guts to ask any girl out and I think your amazing because of your shirt." When he finished he leaned back in his chair and I looked down at my Nirvana t-shirt.

"Thanks," I replied. I could actually feel the blush creeping up my neck.

"Alright, now you know about us," Luke said, growing serious. "Your turn."

I cleared my throat and started taking, "Well, I'm Rosalie. I just moved here from California in the U.S. and only because my dad has decided it's a marvelous idea to marry Madison. I actually am diagnosed with an obsession over Nirvana, Blink-182, Green Day, Katy Perry, and Taylor Swift. If you judge me I will cut you," I was rewarded with a laugh from everyone at the table for my comment. "I have all of their songs on my phone but I like physically CDs better. I'm single and I'm seventeen."

"Well, now that we know everything about each other, may I please eat my pizza?" Morgan asked from the end of the table.

Luke smiled at her before grabbing two slices of pizza and passing one down to her. For the rest of the time we ate in comfortable silence.