Chapter Fourteen

"There is no way you can actually play that song," Morgan said from where she was leaning up against Ashton's black truck.

I had barely made it out of the car before Michael blurted to everyone that I was 'a master guitar player'.

"She can! I saw for myself!" Michael said to her.

I just shook my head and stretched myself back out. "Can we go to the fair now? It's not like it really matters."

Luke's eyes bulged out of his head. "Did you even hear what you just said?"

"All of you can play!" I said giggling under my breath. "Why would it matter if I could play too?"

"Because we are in a band," Ashton laughed. "It's expected for us to be able to play instruments."

"Well, anyone can play. My dad put me in guitar lessons because he thought I went out to much so I just got to the point where I didn't suck."

"Whatever! You knew every chord. That's more than not sucking," Michael exclaimed.

I let out a sigh and started walking. "I think the fair is looking fairly lonely."

I was a couple steps ahead of everyone but I could hear them shuffling along after me. Suddenly I felt a hand graze mine and looked up to see Ashton walking next to me.

His eyes met mine suddenly and I felt blush creeping up my cheeks. Why did everyone think it was so weird that I could play the guitar? No one back home though it was special. Well except for my mom-

I had to cut off my thoughts or I'd start sobbing right here in the parking lot.

"Hey," Ashton smiled brightly. "So I was wondering if you wanted me to give you a ride home?"

I looked up at him and then glanced to the sky. I could very well die if I get back into the car with Ashton, but I didn't want to hurt his feelings. "Of course," I replied slowly, I genuinely smiled at Ashton and stared ahead walking towards the blinking lights of the fair.