Chapter Fifteen

"I just want to point out that funnel cakes are my favorite part of any fair," Calum spoke up for the first time since we got here. I laughed lightly and started to stride over to a picnic bench. I plopped down and looked around, looking for a place to buy a drink.

I was looking towards the right when I felt a thump, like someone had sat down. I turned, surprised when I saw Morgan siting across from me.

I looked up and we made immediate eye contact. "Do you like Luke?" She asked bluntly.

"What?" I asked slowly, I was completely confused by her outbreak.

She rolled her eyes. "The question was simple. Do you have some stupid little crush on Luke?"

"Um, no. What made you ask me that?"

She nodded her head. "Then I don't hate you. I know you think I do, but I don't. You're not so bad and you aren't one of Heathers little minions. Therefore," she stuck her hand out. "We can be friends."

I shook her hand and smiled crookedly. "Sounds like a plan."

-

We walked back over to the rest of the boys and I told Michael that I was going to get a diet coke from the stand to our left. I jumped in line and felt someone beside me. I turned to, once again, see Ashton standing beside me.

"What's up?" I asked him.

He smirked down at me. "I'm going to get a Mountain Dew," he said slowly as if he was thinking about it.

I nodded my head and focused on the money in my hand. Balling up my ten dollar bill and then straitening it out and then doing it over again.

I could feel Ashton's eyes burning holes into my hand. "Are you nervous or something?"

I jerked my head up, "Well I've never actually hung out with you guys before. You could all be out to get me and I would never know." I laughed only half joking.

"We aren't going to hurt you," Ashton said seriously.

I looked up at him, "I was just joking Ash."

"Yeah I know," his hand going to the back of his neck nervously. I think he was going to say something else but we got to the front of the line.

"One diet Coke and a bottle of Mountain Dew," I said carefully. I looked up at Ashton who looked confused.

I collected our drinks and gave the Mountain Dew to Ashton. "I'm pretty sure the guy is supposed to pay for the girls drinks," Ash said smiling.

"Yeah, but I am a special type of girl, and I don't mind buying drinks," I replied to the curly headed boy.

We walked back over to the group of people and sat down. I sipped my diet drink. Haley was talking about how much she missed them going out on vacation every year.

"Well maybe we can do it this year," I heard coming from Calum as we sat down. "My sister really misses going."

"I didn't know you had a sister," I said expectantly to him.

"Yeah, her name is Laurie. She is a year older than me actually," he paused. "You would like her."

"How do you know? You don't even know if I like you guys," I smirked jokingly.

Ashton looked up from his drink. "Well, you came to the fair with us when you could have been hanging out with your lovely step-sister and all her even lovelier friends," he shop back in his best British accent.

I literally laughed out loud at his comment. "Very good point my dear sir," I replied back, mimicking his horrific British accent.

Everyone started laughing and I think I caught Ashton blushing at the attention. "Now I have a serious question to ask," I stated. After I had gained the attention of everyone in our little group I continued. "Are we going to play the ring toss game or not?"

Morgan smiled wide and I heard Luke groan. "I can't believe you like that stupid game too. All they do is take your money, no one ever wins," Luke grumbled.

"Your just mad because you lost twenty bucks on it last time," Morgan laughed.

"Whatever," Luke mumbled under his breath.

Morgan shot to my side and looped her arm through mine, shooting Luke a smirking smile. "Shall we?" She asked me.

"We shall," I replied back, giggling at how dumb we all were.

-

After playing at least five rounds of the ring toss game, Morgan and I gave up on our dreams of winning the big bear and made our way over to the boys that were left. "Where did Ashton, Haley and Calum go?" I asked when we approached Luke and Michael.

Luke looked up from his cell phone just long enough to answer. "Ashton went to save our spot at the karaoke stage. Calum and Haley went off secretly to make out I guess," he shrugged his shoulders and I laughed at his oddness.

Morgan took the drink from Luke's hand and finished it off, handing him back the empty cup when she was done. "Why would you hand it back to me? It's not like I want it now," Luke pouted.

Morgan shrugged her shoulders. "Because I know how much you just love throwing my things away for me," she said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes.

I shook my head at the two of them and started walking towards the stage.