Nicer Than Expected

the next morning

i walked to their dorm, which was surprisingly close to where i lived. it was only a few steps away from my lobby entrance.

their dorm wasn't exactly fancy, it was just an apartment in this not-so-new building.

DING dong

there i heard footsteps rushing towards the door. heavy breathing could be heard from the other side. was there some intruder? Or they're just weird.

the door slowly opened, a forehead being the first sight i see. it was nayeon, with her bangs tied upwards. she looked funny with a toothbrush in her mouth.

her eyes were wide open when she saw me. didn't the team inform them?

nayeon was obviously getting thinner, her cheeks used to be chubby. it could be due to the comeback, or the stress from the comeback. either way it was concering.

i greeted her hello, she shut the door closed right before i finished.

"What are you doing here?!" she shouted from behind the door.

"My boss told me to stay for a few days. I thought someone already informed you?"

"They didn't tell me when!" she shouted as i heard her run away from the door.

i stood there for a couple of minutes until the door once opened again. now there stood momo who was visibly ready for the morning, unlike nayeon.

"Oh hello, y/n~" she greeted me with a smile. her eyes were clearly tired. she probably just woke up.

"Come inside, we're having breakfast."

i walked in and saw the members rounded up on one coffee table in front of the tv. they were sitting on the floor.

"Oh. Hello, manager-nim!" dahyun said while her face was stuffed with toast.

the other members turned their back, seeing me standing there.

nayeon ran back from her room, with a fresh face with makeup.

"What the hell? It's so early in the morning." jeongyeon said to nayeon in disgust.

"Unnie we don't even have anything on sched-" chaeyoung was about to finish her sentence, when she glanced over to me.

"NO WA-" chaeng was about to scream when nayeon cupped her mouth and dragged her away from the coffee table.

the girls started laughing, i on the other hand was clueless to what was going on.

"Are you sure you guys don't have anything on schedule?" i asked.

momo who just got back to the table nodded.

"Well, don't you guys have anything planned for the day?"

sana shrugged her shoulders.

they sure are uneventful for idols. they've been watching tv ever since i walked in.

i sat on the couch behind the coffee table and scrolled through my phone.

then i suddenly felt heat on my left side, with air pushing against my ear.

it was sana, who sat right next to me on her knees.

i looked back at her in confusion, and also to the obstruction of this personal space i once had.

"What're you doin?" she asked as she looked at my phone.

i wasn't really doing anything, i just swipe through my screen whenever i don't have anyone to talk to.

"Nothing."

a few hours later

i was still on the couch. half of the girls who were once at the table had already gone to their rooms. the only ones there were nayeon, chaeyoung, sana, tzuyu, and i.

they were all doing their own individual tasks, such as; cleaning the room, wiping the tables, etc.

nayeon who was exhausted from mopping the floor jumped unto the couch.

"What you doin, Y/N?" she said casually.

"Reading news articles about the group." i replied.

as i was scrolling through the feed, one article caught my eye.

"TWICE MEMBER NAYEON REPORTEDLY DATING KROSS MEMBER DANIELLE"